FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

How to pay smaller wages?

iwabik

Then there isn't much else you can do, if you want to bring in players who want good money you either change budget or you don't, I'd be surprised if there was a way to get Messi asking for 15k a week regardless of how much you changed his CA/PA and all that. So it's either change budget or go for worse players.

Your max wage even for a key player is 3400 euros which is nothing, not quite sure why you won't change the budget in that case even just to sign a player and change it back.

@ kingpug, he wants to save money and not get sacked by the board for overspending I guess.

@ iwabik, you are giving him the Key Player squad status which will incur high wage demands.  Try Rotation and see what effect that has.  Also, check out his agent's profile, he seems like someone who enjoys ripping off clubs.

What a player wants in wages is affected by a myriad of things within this game.

- The players CA (of course, the better the player, the better the wage)
- The players current reputation (the higher rep, the more he will ask)
- The agent representing the player (some agents demand alot more than the player is actually worth)
- The players personality (if ambitious, then will want more)
- The players previous wage (if possible, the player will almost ALWAYS try to get a better wage at a new club)

- Your current clubs reputation (if you are managing a reputable club, players will try to squeeze a bit more in wages)

[Additional notes]
Usually you can haggle the wage with the player and agent to a certain extend.
By giving the player higher bonuses and or clauses, he will almost always agree to a lower wage, and vice versa.

[Further information]
SIgames have said that the current contract bonuses are some way off, and are due to lower the bonus demands in the next patch.

I edit my wage budget for every club and never have complaints from the board even taking it from 600k to 2.5M and I always offer players huge wages such as 150k to edit it afterwards and again never have complaints from the board.

I may be mistaken, but doesn't lowering a players CA lower his stats as well? as I said I just edit the wage budget and never once had a problem so if you, or anyone else doesn't want to do it this way I'd be surprised if there was another, easier and/or more better way, I think changing his CA would make a mess but I've never done it.

Editing a players CA will over the following weeks either lower or increase the players attributes depending on his new CA - that is correct.

Editing your clubs wage budget might increase the wage you are allowed to spend on players/staff - as you say, you can just lower his wages afterwards.
However - lowering a players wage, could lower the players morale ( if he believes he should earn more ) and therefore could come and ask for a better contract or just more salary later down the line.

Also be careful about any rules in place in your competition - some competitions have rules about how much you spend and how much deficit you're allowed to have.

I've never noticed it lowering a players morale and as I said I've done this tons of times, even if you offer someone 250k a week then change it to 2.5k a week you won't notice anything or them asking for a better contract, doesn't make sense no but that's the way it is.

The board never complain either, even if you go from 250k a week transfer budget to 250 million nothing happens and the same for wage budgets so it has no negative affect on the game in the slightest from what I've seen and I've been doing it for years.

Interesting...I might try this on my save.

I am trying to sign Ibrahimovic but he is asking for 2.4m per month alongside a 13m loyalty bonus and a 13m agent fee but that can only happen if the club accepts a 90m transfer bid.  I thought 90m is bad enough but a 13m loyalty and agent fee? I tried to negotiate but 13m is the fee that they wanted.  I thought f****** greedy b******* but then I remember that is how the modern game is...money, money, money.

Aye when I get agent/loyalty fees like that I just edit the wage budget and offer them a massive wage which does the trick, if they want 3M agent fees if you put it to like £1 and give them a huge wage they accept it. The agent fees especially are a piss take and I always thought they got money from the transfer rather than money from you during the contract? then again contracts on this game are broken.

I also fail to see the point in negotiations on this game because for me it does absolutely piss all, if they want 44k and I say 40k they put it back to 44k and same goes for the fees, now I don't even bother trying to change what they want unless I need to offer them a mega wage to make them join.

iv done this in the past by lowering his current wages by a lot (lower than what you want to offer)

also change his three reputation stats (current home world)

also if he isnt intrested in your club he wil ask for high wages, so put your club rep up also

make sure your wage slider is all the way over to the right hand side in boardroom, this has an effect on how much wages they will ask for (as if they know you have the money)

• Like 1

LOL players I have increase the stats of who then complain for more money and want to leave no matter what. I let them go, and the moment I see the box come up to complete the huge transfer, I set the players stats to be terrible. So they left, they are rubbish and I got yet again, a record transfer fee :)