FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

FMRTE 2017 Contracts Query?

zico10

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask so please move if not as it's first time I have posted.

I'm still playing FM17 Touch and have started an edit to bring the game up to present day to a small extent.  I've added players such as Saka, Bellingham etc but of course in FM17 they are younger than 16.  The problem is (if it is a problem) if I place them on youth contracts they can be approached by other clubs for free.  I can place them on full time contracts and that corrects the issue but not too realistic!  Is there a way to add a "pre contract" at all or another way to make sure they stay at their present club for the sake of reality bar putting them on a full time contract?  Many thanks.

In FMRTE 2020, there is an option labelled Date Last Contract Signed which you can put to a future date say a week after the in-game date which should (alongside a big contract added in the pre-game editor) stop clubs pinching them for free.

There is also Contract Type, but I believe this has no effect.

Many thanks for your reply.

This is a screenshot of the options available in fmrte17.  I've played around with the dates and if I as a manager approach the player (just as a check) it says that he isn't interested as he wants to continue his development at Arsenal.  Hopefully that may apply to other Clubs.  Got a horrible feeling though they will play games for their first teams, which is unrealistic, but the game wont notice their ages as I've obviously changed date of births etc to current players in the database.

Jude Bellingham.jpg

The Started, Signed and Joined dates should be identical as they are interlinked.  The Expires date should be long to a) keep his value high and b) to keep him at your club for a while.  You can set his contract in the pre-game editor and tweak it in FMRTE.

If you want, you can add a high Minimum Fee release clause.  They will play games for the first team if the AI manager thinks they are good enough.

21 hours ago, zico10 said:

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask so please move if not as it's first time I have posted.

I'm still playing FM17 Touch and have started an edit to bring the game up to present day to a small extent.  I've added players such as Saka, Bellingham etc but of course in FM17 they are younger than 16.  The problem is (if it is a problem) if I place them on youth contracts they can be approached by other clubs for free.  I can place them on full time contracts and that corrects the issue but not too realistic!  Is there a way to add a "pre contract" at all or another way to make sure they stay at their present club for the sake of reality bar putting them on a full time contract?  Many thanks.

Check out the FAQs I explain this under

How can I make a player stay at a club?

Sorry got another issue which I think has been caused by editing and wondered if you have any ideas on how to solve.  Not a gamebreaker but annoying all the same and haven't noticed it in previous saves even when using FMRTE.  I started a game as both Club and International manager. It's a scouting issue which seems to occur both club and country and and I have attached some screenshots.  I've used Harry Kane as an example as he is a player I haven't touched editing wise.  As you see the scout report box is clear, not even allowing me to request a scouting report.  If I click the "report" button it takes me to screenshot 2 where under "National Report by" is states "person#1-1/1/1900".  Usually if a player has been scouted it will either say at club level "Scout Report by Henry" In this case Henry being my Club Scout, or if International level "Scout Report by another name"  which are different names I assume of which are hidden International Scouts.

However as per screenshot 2 I can request a scout report in the right hand corner drop down menu and as per screenshot 3 do receive a report as per screenshot 3 but as soon as I leave that page if I click that players name again screenshot one reappears and I have to click get report again if I want another report as it doesn't save......  If any of that makes sense?!

There isn't any rhyme or reason bar it only seems to be English players affected but not all.  A few of the players I edited are like this but one or two not affected and then players who I haven't touched are like this but not others.  Assumed it could be linked to age as a lot of younger players are affected but then saw Jamie Vardy the same and he is 29 in the game so that's not a link either.  Strangely Kane doesn't appear in my International scouting search list but he does appear in the club scouting search and yet others which are affected by "the bug" do appear in the list so that's odd as well.

Any ideas?

Screenshot 1.jpg

screenshot 2.jpg

screenshot 3.jpg

Thanks Cultured.  Only problem is I started and tested a new game with no use of FMRTE and that was fine.  Loaded up an old game with use of FMRTE and that was also fine.  Wondering if it's an issue with starting a save as both club manager and international manager as I've never done that before so it could be that unless I changed something in FMRTE that did it.  I'll check the SI Forums. 

Seeing as it is FM 17, they very likely will not fix it.  It could be a bug that they have overlooked or missed.  Try one of the recent versions and see if the issue is still present.  I have scouted players in FM 20 and I did not see anything like that so maybe the bug is no longer there.