FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

How can I get my merchandising out of the red?

Barry Drew

I will try changing the sugar daddy to the front end. Even if I change balance to positive, when I am losing a billion dollars in merchandising each year, I return back to the same issue.  I agree about adding more sponsors but I would like to resolve the merchandising glitch.  :( Also, no debts.  I cleared those early.

14 hours ago, culturedleftfoot said:

add more sponsors etc make them yearly etc

change balance to a + one

clear debts etc

sugar daddy front end

Looks like changing sugar daddy from back end to front end may have resolved the issue.  Positive for the first time after a week of playing.  Thanks!!!

I would pop over to see SI bugs forum

no club should be losing money like that 

this is an issue their end I am sure report it there and update thread NB if you say you have used FMRTE they will not assist you

remember the sugar daddy puts money in at end of season so wont inject cash/clear debt until then holiday until end of season to check.

but merchandise is revenue coming in/not going out sounds like a game bug...there are lots of them sadly

• 2 weeks later...

I had this issue on FM 15. What you need to do is reduce the expiry date  and value of the sponsorship. When I ballooned my figures, it's like the database is confused by the massive figures and you have a really strange figure leaving your clubs finances every season. When the sponsorship is more natural, you won't have the issue.

3 minutes ago, Rob2048 said:

I had this issue on FM 15. What you need to do is reduce the expiry date  and value of the sponsorship. When I ballooned my figures, it's like the database is confused by the massive figures and you have a really strange figure leaving your clubs finances every season. When the sponsorship is more natural, you won't have the issue.

Interesting.  When did the issue go away for you? Was it in the new season?

Ah, I put up with the peaks and troughs for a long time. Many seasons. I kept getting messages telling me about FFP and warning me that we had no money and had to sell players, etc etc, but then I sorted it.

I still have 'you can't afford this player' when scouting (even though my transfer budget is £500m), but the overall balance stays healthy.

And of course, this is still FM 15, not the new game. But when I get 18, I won't be editing the sponsorship quite so drastically.

You're sure you don't have too much money?

When you have too good a balance it at some point transfer to negative, it has been like that for the last 10 years of Football manager, when you come over a specific point of billions, it becomes negative. I have tried telling it again and again to SI.

One of your sponsors alone is 1,8 billion, from there on there will be not much room, if the fix point is for instance 5 billion (have not experienced it in this years FM, so don't know if that's the case here).

But why merchandise is negative I have no glue about..., sound strange.

14 minutes ago, beringer said:

You're sure you don't have too much money?

When you have too good a balance it at some point transfer to negative, it has been like that for the last 10 years of Football manager, when you come over a specific point of billions, it becomes negative. I have tried telling it again and again to SI.

One of your sponsors alone is 1,8 billion, from there on there will be not much room, if the fix point is for instance 5 billion (have not experienced it in this years FM, so don't know if that's the case here).

But why merchandise is negative I have no glue about..., sound strange.

very strange indeed the bug has been there with things like this as I have seen it reported over at SI previously

I dont use FMRTE to do things like this so it doesnt effect me

but merchandise is income coming in(SI have confirmed this)so it cant be negative if it is there is a bug in game and needs reporting there

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...