FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

FMRTE Brexit question.

lozblake15

Hey all,

You probably hear this a lot, but I'm assessing my options as I've been hit by the damned hard brexit scenario. I'm playing as Chelmsford (Vanarama South) and I'm in my sixth year, and have reached League One, unfortunately before I started the game, whilst I'd heard about Brexit in FM, i'd foolishly assumed it was something you'd turn on, or at least be prompted about so I never applied the editor fix. Problem I now have is I've been given the hard brexit with the special status for existing players, which I thought was s***, but I could live with it, it would be a challenge etc. The problem is however that that message is misleading, this special status only applies to existing contracts, as soon as you renew they need to get a work permit, and as I'm using lower level EU players, they never, ever, make the work permit requirements, basically my team is screwed, a couple of renews came in for players after the Brexit changes, and now they can't play, and considering my budget is microscopic, it's almost impossible to survive the situation. I want to play through as deal with the situation and I know a few of you will suggest I do, but when I've got a small budget anyway, and so of my biggest earners now can't play, it's completely untenable.

So, I searched around online and I saw FMRTE has a solution, I'm pained to invest £4.50 into fixing something which I fix is a awful bit of decision making from SI, but when you've sunk 200hrs+ into a save with the intention of getting your team to the champions league final, you're kinda bent over a barrel. So this post is a lot of fluff which basically boils down to a simple question. I download FMRTE (trial version) as I wanted to check what the thing was about before committing to the purchase, I can see the agreements tab where you're meant to add England (or is it meant to be the UK?) back into the EU, however the plus and minus box do absolutely nothing, is this purely because I haven't paid yet, as my understanding was the only thing that wouldn't work was the saving?

If I could buy this thing via paypal i'd probably jump straight in and try myself, but unfortunately I can't, so I was hoping one of you guys could offer a bit of guidance.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, lozblake15 said:

Hey all,

You probably hear this a lot, but I'm assessing my options as I've been hit by the damned hard brexit scenario. I'm playing as Chelmsford (Vanarama South) and I'm in my sixth year, and have reached League One, unfortunately before I started the game, whilst I'd heard about Brexit in FM, i'd foolishly assumed it was something you'd turn on, or at least be prompted about so I never applied the editor fix. Problem I now have is I've been given the hard brexit with the special status for existing players, which I thought was s***, but I could live with it, it would be a challenge etc. The problem is however that that message is misleading, this special status only applies to existing contracts, as soon as you renew they need to get a work permit, and as I'm using lower level EU players, they never, ever, make the work permit requirements, basically my team is screwed, a couple of renews came in for players after the Brexit changes, and now they can't play, and considering my budget is microscopic, it's almost impossible to survive the situation. I want to play through as deal with the situation and I know a few of you will suggest I do, but when I've got a small budget anyway, and so of my biggest earners now can't play, it's completely untenable.

So, I searched around online and I saw FMRTE has a solution, I'm pained to invest £4.50 into fixing something which I fix is a awful bit of decision making from SI, but when you've sunk 200hrs+ into a save with the intention of getting your team to the champions league final, you're kinda bent over a barrel. So this post is a lot of fluff which basically boils down to a simple question. I download FMRTE (trial version) as I wanted to check what the thing was about before committing to the purchase, I can see the agreements tab where you're meant to add England (or is it meant to be the UK?) back into the EU, however the plus and minus box do absolutely nothing, is this purely because I haven't paid yet, as my understanding was the only thing that wouldn't work was the saving?

If I could buy this thing via paypal i'd probably jump straight in and try myself, but unfortunately I can't, so I was hoping one of you guys could offer a bit of guidance.

Thanks.

Hi,

Sorry to read about you dilemma with Brexit.  In my save, I have not come across Brexit yet but I will and even when Brexit has happened, it will not bother me as I use my club's youth system to find players rather than transferring players from different teams.  Anyway, you can find your solution in the following link -> http://www.fmrte.com/forums/topic/6675-brexit-work-permit/

I hope it helps!

• Like 1

Thank you for your help Greyfox, that thread will be of great use. The option to add an agreement isn't available in the free to download version of FMRTE, but i'm guessing that's because I need to pay before it will be available, I certainly hope so anyway!

23 minutes ago, lozblake15 said:

Thank you for your help Greyfox, that thread will be of great use. The option to add an agreement isn't available in the free to download version of FMRTE, but i'm guessing that's because I need to pay before it will be available, I certainly hope so anyway!

You're welcome.  I can confirm that the option to add an agreement is in the licensed version.  I have never used the free version so I can't comment on that.

• 1 month later...