FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Fear For FMRTE

bartdude

I do worry that the days of FMRTE as a paid utility could be numbered. This is due to the improvements in the Si in-game editor now that you can perform most of the tasks that were once exclusive to FMRTE + the advantage that the Si editor can be used immediately after an FM update. It's a shame because I have been with FMRTE since it began and although I did purchase the FM15 version I find I'm using it less and less now. Braca should be commended for his work as it took Si years to catch up !!

Yeah, he should.  SI are indeed catching up to FMRTE, although I don't use the IGE.  There has been a suggestion that BraCa creates a pre-game editor like the SI one, but that is down to him if he is willing to do it.  Anyway, BraCa has said that if this situation happens, he will look for a workaround instead of closing his project immediately.

Should it happen and he can't find a workaround, then maybe he can work for SI exclusively on the IGE maybe even the pre-game editor too.

Please note that this is my personal opinion as a player that have been playing FM way before i came and give BraCa small help with FMRTE, in my point of view SI in game editor is nothing more than SI realizing that there users needed more in order to continue playing there game, i talk by experience i wouldn't play as much FM if it wasn't for FMRTE so in a way i think they should be thankful to BraCa for is work, the same way we all are grateful for the work put to deliver this amazing game every year.

Plus all they have done so far is integrate FMRTE features in there game, don't get me wrong but for them that is a no brainer, for two reason in terms of code since they have access to everything and can grantee a much better final result, and in terms of implementation since there ain't much to figure out when you are simply implementing something that already exists, in a way this is SI acknowledging the great product FMRTE is.

There are still lot of features that only exists in FMRTE for instance and from the top of my head Increase number of staff allowed (much requested feature), mass edit, presets, key binds, Freezer settings (selection of attributes) etc etc. Also i wouldn't change from the small guy to the big guy just because now the big guy does the same that the small guy have been doing for years at least i don't see the things that way.

At the end of the day and assuming that technically is still possible to deliver FMRTE it will all depend of the personal preference of you guys that will dictate the future of FMRTE, if it comes to a point were both editors do the same cost the same or not it all comes down to this great community if FMRTE.

PS: I cant stress this enough this is my opinion as user of both FMRTE and FM total free and independent as it can be.

I hear what you say Goblin but you need to check out the Si IGE as you can mass edit and freeze attributes in the latest version,as well as edit kits,skin and hair colours,contract details etc,which were once exclusive to FMRTE. Also the one main pain on this site are idiots asking when an FMRTE update is arriving after an FM update ! With the Si IGE it can be used immediately. All this doesn't of course take away from Braca's great work it only increases my fears that people will turn away from FMRTE eventually as most people do not use the advanced capabilities of FMRTE but almost exclusively the ones mentioned which are now accessible with the Si IGE.

SI should have got Braca on board years ago, his product is premier league....theirs conference(no offence intended to fans of teams in those leagues :P )and considering the resources they have it shouldnt be a contest

just hope it continues would love him to be able to do a pre game editor too, but just appreciate his work  :)

• Like 2