FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Players stats + freezer

Untouch

Basically I'm increasing a player's stats but a week later most of them go down again!? I'm I not doing something correct and is there something I can do about it?

Been checking posts on what the freezer does and getting mixed views. Does it freeze stats (with an option to allow them to increase) of a player you select only while fmrte is open?

Ideally I wouldn't want fmrte to be open everytime I play the game.

Thanks,

Untouch

You need to freeze the player by clicking the freeze button on the player's page in FMRTE but this will incur that you have FMRTE open and running in the background alongside FM for the freeze to remain.

If you have a look in my signature, you will find a link to a thread that I have created which contains an AIO guide for FMRTE.  You will also find separate PDFs too.

Hey Greyfox,

I had actually read all of them already, some helped me but none did with my problem.

Basically I want to know why after editing a players stats(usually making younger players a bit better) they all decrease a week or so after. Should I change the ca/pa?

Changing the CA/PA will help in a small way but even then, they will still decrease as the game code has to downgrade his stats according to his CA/PA.  As I mentioned before, if you want them to remain constant, hit the freeze button and have your save loaded inside FMRTE in the background.

Hi GREYFOX,

I have been freezing players but have upgraded their CA & PA (guesstimate). Are you saying that there is no need to increase CA/PA as long as 'freeze is on?

Thx............John.

Yep.  There is no point as far as I know on increasing his CA/PA as once you hit the freeze button, his stats are instantly frozen.  If you want to give him higher stats then change them accordingly and the changes will remain.

If you want to freeze just some, then use the Freezer Settings section in Settings to tell FMRTE to ignore what you add to the relevant column.

• Like 1

Yep.  There is no point as far as I know on increasing his CA/PA as once you hit the freeze button, his stats are instantly frozen.  If you want to give him higher stats then change them accordingly and the changes will remain.

Thanks GREYFOX. I reckon I will drop my freeze players' CA/PA down from 185-195 to say, 130-140 - hopefully this may prevent the big clubs repeatedly making offers! Of course I'm assuming the AI managers go for high CA/PA players - It would be a bonus if  this is the case!! :rolleyes:

Thanks GREYFOX. I reckon I will drop my freeze players' CA/PA down from 185-195 to say, 130-140 - hopefully this may prevent the big clubs repeatedly making offers! Of course I'm assuming the AI managers go for high CA/PA players - It would be a bonus if  this is the case!! :rolleyes:

No probs :)

The AI, according to the http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/24-PC-Mac-General-Discussion?s=ea6d70c1e9dc32e11afb4a3bde22da75'>official SI forums, is broken in some ways and bidding for high-value players could be included.

• 3 weeks later...

FMRTE Hints & Tips

3 - It depends on the position of the player, but for non-defenders, i.e. players with values of 1 in their defensive positions DR, DL, DC and SWP, and non-GKeepers here are the free values...

Natural Fitness, Determination, Aggression, Flair, Long Shots, Penalty, Corner, FK & Long Throws.

In terms of hidden and non-playing values that you can modify without penalty by the game here's the list...

Injury Proneness, Consistency, Dirtiness, Important Matches, Versatility, All of the personality traits, All three reputation values, certain positions (I need to check this to be absolutely sure, but I remember reading on SI forum that increasing the value of vertical positions uses CA points, but that certain horizontal position changes do not, e.g. adding 20 points to LB of a player who's already a RB, whereas adding 20 points to MC of a player who is a MR will use points. It's complicated so check before editing and don't assume every position is free), height, weight, and all Player Preferred Moves (PPMs).

Increasing the value of the weak foot of a player will use CA points and can cause the attributes of your player to drop unless you make a corresponding change in CA value for a positive increase in the value of a given player's weak foot, e.g. you should increase Gareth Bale's Current Ability value if you decide to increase the value of his right foot in FMRTE, otherwise Bale's attributes will drop as his CA value can't support the total value or his attributes when you increase the value of his weak foot. You'd need to increase his CA by about 10-15 points in order to keep his attribute values the same assuming you increased the value of his weak foot to 20.

Defenders are different in only one sense - increasing their aggression value uses up CA points. Every other value I've noted for non-defenders above applies to defenders once you take aggression into account.

For Goalkeepers, natural fitness is not free. Stamina, pace, finishing and a bunch of others are free for keepers. Whatever doesn't pertain to a GK's overall ability will be free.

Here's a striker with altered attributes who hasn't been penalised for an increase in their value. Look at the Current Rating value at the bottom right of his profile. If you change the value of an attribute that uses Current Ability points then the player's CR number will increase. If you don't increase his CA value to compensate for the increase in his CR value then one or more of his attributes will decrease in value to balance his attributes against the maximum value his CA can support for some number that's derived by adding all of his attributes together (I think). You can ascertain which attributes are free by observing no change in his CR despite a change in the value of some attribute, e.g. increasing his determination from 10 to 20 doesn't alter the value FMRTE calculates for his CR.

Bottom line is that there has been zero change in his CR or PR ratings despite me changing a number of his attributes to 20.

s it possible to change a player's attribute values without them falling after a number of weeks in the game?

4 - Yes it is possible and I have a method that works very well to improve the attributes of all players without any decrease in their value over the short to medium term.

It is not easy to describe succinctly even if it's quite a simple thing to do in the first place. All it involves is mentally noting some numbers (CA, PA and Current/Potential Ratings) prior to editing a player. I also save their default profiles before I begin editing them. I'll return to it tomorrow as I've already seen people mention that their player's attributes have dropped after a week or so. It doesn't need to happen and you can adjust a player's attributes in a very controlled manner. I've been doing it since the second FM.

Looking forward to reading other ways of using FMRTE to modify the game.

I haved to used this tip to edit my save. It's work. 

And My tips

You can develop youth player to ca growing very fast x3 - x4 with this instruction.

1.Your training facility first team and youth team must 18-20 up.

2.Your coach should have 4.5 star up for individual traning type. (attacking, defending ...etc)

3.edit on your player please note edit professional normal rate max is 20 but I edit to 99 ******* this the point.

4.You don't edit position and foot prefer if you would like to train player new position.

Remark 1. : player training attribute process wil fast growing and usauly constant ca rating.

Remark 2. : player age 24-27 can use this tip but not faster than younger.

• 2 months later...

It works either way but to be on the safe side, freeze the stats after editing.

I have done thousands of changes! That´s why I ask...If I have to enter one by one. I would spend days as I have over 13 k changes in my database.

But If you say it´s safer to use it that way. I will.

I can´t add any player/staff to the freeze manager and I don´t even have the button to freeze stats? Would you please provide screenshots on how I should be adding players to the freeze manager & how I should be freezing player stats?

• 9 months later...

Hi all! I'm Aquiles (spanish for Achilles), writing from Uruguay.

I have a question. I think I don't fully understand how the Attributes to ignore list works. My understanding is this: if I move an attribute to the Attributes to ignore list, those attributes are not supposed to be freezed, so, they are increased and decreased depending on the player's evolution, minutes played, training and so, right?

Thank you all.

Hi all! I'm Aquiles (spanish for Achilles), writing from Uruguay.

I have a question. I think I don't fully understand how the Attributes to ignore list works. My understanding is this: if I move an attribute to the Attributes to ignore list, those attributes are not supposed to be freezed, so, they are increased and decreased depending on the player's evolution, minutes played, training and so, right?

Thank you all.

That is how it is intended to work, but there has not been any evidence of it in the forums from the users.  Maybe it needs tweaking?

• Like 1

One thing I have noted; I have frozen a few players and ticked the 'attibutes can increase'. This is working perfectly except for Current Reputation. This value never changes even if a players CA increases. The players Home & World reputaions do increase so I have moved Current rep to ignore. Is this a bug or is it intended?

Thanks.

One thing I have noted; I have frozen a few players and ticked the 'attibutes can increase'. This is working perfectly except for Current Reputation. This value never changes even if a players CA increases. The players Home & World reputaions do increase so I have moved Current rep to ignore. Is this a bug or is it intended?

Thanks.

At the moment i cant give you one answer from the top of my head with 100% sure, but from what i can remember that ain't suppose to be the expected behavior current reputation should be increasing we will look into this.

• 8 months later...

Hi all! I have two related questions regarding the attributes that can be increased and the attributes that are to be ignored by the freezer:

1- if I choose to ignore the CA, should it increase/decrease depending on the events in the game? 

2- if I choose to freeze the CA, but check the "attributes can be increased" checkbox, should the CA increase/decrease depending on the events in the game?

Thank you all