Skip to content

[FM23]Legends as future Regens.edt add future regens to DB[Read the opening post clearly]

  • Popular Post

This project is where legends are added to the game as new/future Regens, initially I had it working in FM21

But due to SI changes it was not working in FM22, they blocked some files, but I have ran tests and it seems to be working in FM 23 👍

it will depend on the various nations when the intake of regens happens in game it could be a year after start date

 [This is not placed in your editor data folder it is not a FMF or XML file]

 

The file is an edt file so it is placed  here- 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2023\data\database\db\2300\edt\permanent

1d9556913052240b6ef824c6751d946e.png

 

YOU ALSO NEED TO ADD THIS TO THE 2330 AND 2340 UPDATES TOO-[and any future new games eg FM24]

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2023\data\database\db\2330\edt\permanent

 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2023\data\database\db\2340\edt\permanent

 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data\database\db\2400\edt\permanent

 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data\database\db\2430\edt\permanent

 

 

NB You need to start a new save for this to work

 

you can edit[use notepad++] the file to suite your needs perhaps add yourself/anyone as a future regen  so add/remove as you wish

 

I will show how its done in the next few posts

 

This is not to be posted on any other sites without my permission 

 

 

There is the option to add - minus values for PA instead of fixed values eg you could try -9 instead of a fixed 180 etc etc I have added the top 3 players in the file  with -minus PA and they do work in game

Quote

2143e2775fb00e498e60d80366d8b3b8.jpg

 

I am once again sharing this file with the community here

 

further testing is needed by you  on things like this minus PA  you can try this yourself and report back

 

note this file I worked on FOR FM21[didnt work in FM22] 

 

so the year of births should be made later if you want these legends to start as youth players later in game I would say 2006/ 2007 [and keep increasing the year to stagger the intake so if you dont want them all in the game at the same time] as a starting year in 2023 making them 16 

 

NB if and when there are any updates to the game the file will have to be added to DB update folders eg

 

Football Manager FM23

2300

2310

2330

2340

 

Football Manager FM24

2400

2430

 

 

 

How to download-

Direct link for FMRTE license holders only-

FutureRegen.edt

 

Just Like and subscribe to this post/s to get the content do not PM or tag me asking for the file just like the post.

 

 

@dev0👆

 

 

 

 

 
 

 

 

 

  • Replies 88
  • Views 36.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • culturedleftfoot
    culturedleftfoot

    Just imagine some future regens coming through into the DB- these are just examples   Belguim Bernard Voorhoof  Eric Gerets Vincenzo Scifo Jan Ceulemans Paul Van Himst  

  • culturedleftfoot
    culturedleftfoot

    Here are the values that can be used for Ethnicity, Skin Tone, Hair Colour, Preferred Foot and Position:   Ethnicity: Unknown/random = -1 Northern europe = 0 Mediterrean/hispa

  • culturedleftfoot
    culturedleftfoot

    I am sharing it I have created it and posted it for you and others to use, and I have actually posted it on other sites that I am involved with closely but due to the fact, and I fully understand

Posted Images

Featured Replies

  • 2 weeks later...

i may have missed it, but unable to find the brazilian players and some of the argentina players. do you by any chance, have a shortlist of the legends?

  • 3 months later...
On 11/8/2023 at 6:32 PM, culturedleftfoot said:

Opening post updated with direct download 

It's unavailable unfortunately.

Is there any updated info on whether this is working in FM24?

Thank you very much!

 

  • Author
1 hour ago, MRCMX said:

It's unavailable unfortunately.

Is there any updated info on whether this is working in FM24?

Thank you very much!

 

its working fine I just downloaded it

you need a FMRTE license to download it says in the opening post, do you have one?

if you do PM me

cheers

On 3/3/2024 at 11:32 PM, culturedleftfoot said:

its working fine I just downloaded it

you need a FMRTE license to download it says in the opening post, do you have one?

if you do PM me

cheers

It is my bad, sorry. 
I misunderstood that you needed the FMRTE license and thought you just needed an account. Got a license now and the download is working.


EDIT to avoid double-posting:

Is this list done as far as you are concerned or are there plans to extend it, for example with the FIFA 100?

Edited by MRCMX
Avoid double-posting

  • Author
On 3/4/2024 at 10:22 PM, MRCMX said:

It is my bad, sorry. 
I misunderstood that you needed the FMRTE license and thought you just needed an account. Got a license now and the download is working.


EDIT to avoid double-posting:

Is this list done as far as you are concerned or are there plans to extend it, for example with the FIFA 100?

Hi

I have no more time to add to this

users can add to the regens as they wish the first page shows how to do it

cheers

  • 3 weeks later...

I made my own FutureLegends Regen database while using some of your players and I would like to post it somewhere so people can add to it.

Do I have your permission to go ahead and post my file, your instructions on how to add and credit you with the idea in the editors hideaway of the SI forums?

Best regards,
Marc

EDIT: Are you the same culturedleftfoot as the one in SI Forums? Because if so I can tag you when giving credit.

  • Author
11 hours ago, MRCMX said:

I made my own FutureLegends Regen database while using some of your players and I would like to post it somewhere so people can add to it.

Do I have your permission to go ahead and post my file, your instructions on how to add and credit you with the idea in the editors hideaway of the SI forums?

Best regards,
Marc

EDIT: Are you the same culturedleftfoot as the one in SI Forums? Because if so I can tag you when giving credit.

Hi Marc

Can you please post the file here 

 

no that isnt me

 

you can start your own thread here and give details of some of the players added or I can add it to this one and credit you

cheers

This file contains the missing players of the FIFA100 and as such is a great addition to your file.

Notably, I have set the PA very high, with most players having straight up -9 or -10. This is because I prefer it this way and because I feel like everyone named as one of the best 125 living football players at the time should have a shot at true top potential, a shot at surpassing others as a regen.

Due to time constraints, ethnicity, skin colour and hair colour are NOT accurate for most of the players.

If someone finds they want to fix this or further add to the database, I welcome you and kindly ask you to share your file so the number of legendary regens can increase further.
 

FutureRegen.edt

 

Added players:
 

  • Quote

     

    • Michael Ballack
    • Franz Beckenbauer
    • Paul Breitner
    • Oliver Kahn
    • Jürgen Klinsmann
    • Sepp Maier
    • Lothar Matthäus
    • Gerd Müller
    • Karl-Heinz Rummenigge
    • Uwe Seeler
    • Franky van der Elst
    • Jean-Marie Pfaff
    • Hristo Stoichkov
    • Brian Laudrup
    • Michael Laudrup
    • Peter Schmeichel
    • David Beckham
    • Michael Owen
    • Gary Lineker
    • Alan Shearer
    • Kevin Keegan
    • Eric Cantona
    • Marcel Desailly
    • Didier Deschamps
    • Thierry Henry
    • Lilian Thuram
    • Patrick Vieira
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Robert Pires
    • Just Fontaine
    • Raymond Kopa
    • Jean-Pierre Papin
    • Marius Tresor
    • David Trezeguet
    • Roy Keane
    • Giuseppe Bergomi
    • Giampiero Boniperti
    • Gianluigi Buffon
    • Alessandro Del Piero
    • Giacinto Facchetti
    • Paolo Maldini
    • Alessandro Nesta
    • Paolo Rossi
    • Francesco Totti
    • Christian Vieri
    • Dennis Bergkamp
    • Edgar Davids
    • Rene van de Kerkhof
    • Willy van de Kerkhof
    • Patrick Kluivert
    • Ruud van Nistelrooy
    • Rob Rensenbrink
    • Frank Rijkaard
    • Clarence Seedorf
    • Luis Figo
    • Rui Costa
    • Eusebio
    • Hagi
    • Rinat Dassajew
    • Emilio Butragueno
    • Luis Enrique
    • Raúl
    • Josef Masopust
    • Pavel Nedved
    • Emre Belözoglu
    • Rüstü Recber
    • Andrij Shevchenko
    • Hugo Sánchez
    • Hernán Crespo
    • Javier Saviola
    • Omar Sívori
    • Alfredo Di Stéfano
    • Juan Sebastián Verón
    • Javier Zanetti
    • Carlos Alberto
    • Falcao (Brazilian)
    • Júnior
    • Rivaldo
    • Romário
    • Ronaldinho
    • Djalma Santos
    • Nílton Santos
    • Iván Zamorano
    • Carlos Valderrama
    • Teófilo Cubillas
    • Romerito
    • Enzo Francescoli
    • El Hadji Diouf
    • Jay-Jay Okocha
    • George Weah
    • Roger Milla
    • Abédi Pelé
    • Hong Myung-bo
    • Hidetoshi Nakata

     

     

Hi all, am trying to add future regens to a new sava at the moment. Am using several threads i have found on the internet for information.

Firstly cannot find a notepad +++ anywhere on the internet, so am using notepad ++. 

Have seen several versions of the name to save the file under. One being FutureRegen, i think this might not work though as we shouldn't use caps so am trying future_regen.edt. The other suggestion is to save the file as support_staff.edt. Have looked in the permanent file though and this file already exists in ( for fm23)2300, 2330 and 2340. So am at moment a bit confused with the conflicting information. Also nobody has suggested how you save the file, is it as normal text file? Am going to try loading a new save and using players i hsve created using future_regen and simply haha hope it works. If anyone is aware of complete and up to date instructions, please can you post them somewhere. 

Have tried also to download the 2 future regen files i have found on this site but dont seem to be allowed. Is there any way please that i can possibly download this file because it's simply a fantastic idea. I had no idea you could do this until last night. Would appreciate some help and guidance. Thanks M

Ah ok. I see i need a licence to download the regen files.

Would save some time but may try doing them myself. If not, how do i get a fmrte licence, and can i still get one for fm23?

On 3/27/2024 at 2:09 PM, ttam1 said:

Hi all, am trying to add future regens to a new sava at the moment. Am using several threads i have found on the internet for information.

Firstly cannot find a notepad +++ anywhere on the internet, so am using notepad ++. 

Have seen several versions of the name to save the file under. One being FutureRegen, i think this might not work though as we shouldn't use caps so am trying future_regen.edt. The other suggestion is to save the file as support_staff.edt. Have looked in the permanent file though and this file already exists in ( for fm23)2300, 2330 and 2340. So am at moment a bit confused with the conflicting information. Also nobody has suggested how you save the file, is it as normal text file? Am going to try loading a new save and using players i hsve created using future_regen and simply haha hope it works. If anyone is aware of complete and up to date instructions, please can you post them somewhere. 

Have tried also to download the 2 future regen files i have found on this site but dont seem to be allowed. Is there any way please that i can possibly download this file because it's simply a fantastic idea. I had no idea you could do this until last night. Would appreciate some help and guidance. Thanks M



So, you'll need to save it as an .edt file. The name FutureRegen works perfectly fine for me. Make sure to save it in data/database/db/2300/edt/permanent and doing it for all of the updates (2300, 2330, 2340). 

It should then work for new savefiles.
Anything in particular that's acting up?
Be aware that you need to set clubs for the players as they didn't appear when I didn't put in a club ID for them.

Hi. Thanks for the info. Just holidaying to test(in feb at moment). The club name is for fave club only? But last in list, eg where they play is club id is 700 for example?

Not worked. Is everyone else using notepad +++? Any idea where to find it? I am saving it as blahblah.edt. That i understand but am using notepad ++ . When you save a file you save as file name: FutureRegen.edt.

However the next line underneath is save as type, you open the dropdown and pick your file type,...should this be edt file also? Because this isnt available for notepad ++?????

I didn't use Notepad at all, I did it in the normal text editor and saved it as an .edt.
So perhaps opening in the editor, then saving as an .edt is the solution for you.
And I always name it FutureRegen.edt to be safe.

It's not necessary to put an ID for favorite club, but it's necessary to put a club ID (last entry of the line) in order for the player to appear at said club.

  • Author

@ttam1

If you are struggling to follow my instructions in the opening posts-

 

simple solution download the original file

 

open your file in notepad or notepad++ copy all your entries then close this file

 

now open my file clear the entries in it and paste those you coped and press save

 

you now have the file in the correct format

 

 

 

If in doubt, as @culturedleftfoot says, download the original, just use Notepad on Windows, copy yours into his.

 

If you're still stuck, share what you're trying to add on here and I'll merge it for you.

 

Likely not before about 2200hrs, but I've merged my own file and used my own separately, including with Notepad++.

 

Happy to help.

  • Author
4 minutes ago, CoffeeKittyGrey said:

If in doubt, as @culturedleftfoot says, download the original, just use Notepad on Windows, copy yours into his.

 

If you're still stuck, share what you're trying to add on here and I'll merge it for you.

 

Likely not before about 2200hrs, but I've merged my own file and used my own separately, including with Notepad++.

 

Happy to help.

Happy Easter mate☺️

3 minutes ago, culturedleftfoot said:

Happy Easter mate☺️

You too! I'm looking forward to finally, finally, getting some quality FM, Movie and Chill time.

 

Can't believe I've had the game since launch and barely made it through a season 😂

Thanks all. Will have another go. Willl try saving as FutureRegen.edt this time, not future_regen.edt. Have everything typed correctly in the file, compared it with yours. 

Have just watched a vid on youtube by second yellow card ...he does it slightly differently. He right clicks on support_ staff in only last file, so that would be 3340 i think for fm23. It then asks you what you want to use to edit, so you open the support_staff.edt file and edit it that way instead of creating your own file. Anyone tried it that way yet?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.