vd d

[19] - Custom preset doesn't work

Question

What bugs/issues did you encounter: 

What is your FM version: 19.3.4

What is your FMRTE version: 19

Which operating system are you using: window 10

After the update, presets I made went blank so l made the same presets. 

Those presets work well before update so I don't think error occurred because of that. 

As you can see in the preset2.png  when I click the custom preset menu, 'preset...' button pops up. 

In the preset manager, I cannot find any buttons about xml. Only thing that I can find in the preset folder is .json 

preset.png

preset 2.png

Attachments:   error.log

Hi,

The latest version changed the presets files from xml to json.

FMRTE will automatically convert any xml preset into a json file, and load them properly.

If this is not working, please provide me the preset .xml / .json that is not working so I can take a look at it

4 minutes ago, vldmr-sus said:

My xmls changed to jsons, but every one my own presets are almost blank now (I use notepad++ to see them). Also the staff presets don't show up in the editor. 

blank.PNG

SUPER_STAFF.json 70 B · 0 downloads

Do you have the original xml file?

4 minutes ago, BraCa said:

Do you have the original xml file?

no, they have been deleted by the program automatically, I think.image.png.e4d5e833bbe72a2492e38f761c20769d.png

7 minutes ago, Confutatis said:

There is always an error like the video

I can't play the video, youtube shows an error"This video is unavailable."

Let's clear somethings here, it seems that there are different issues being reported here, so far I've found these

1. Presets 'Object Type' appears as "-"
    Solution: It just a cosmetic issue, it happens if you have "Debug Mode" on in FMRTE Settings. It will be fixed in build 39
  2. Old format presets .xml were imported, but are empty, and the original file was deleted
    Solution: So far I don't know why that happens, I need some XML files that cause this so I can replicate.
    In the latest version build 38, FMRTE no longer deletes the .xml files, it moves them to a Backup folder
  3. Error when applying a preset - For this one I need the following information
    1- The preset file that causes the error (attach it your post)
    2- Step by step guide about how to reproduce the issue
    3- The error.log file (it's in FMRTE folder)

Thanks

14 hours ago, BraCa said:

Let's clear somethings here, it seems that there are different issues being reported here, so far I've found these

Solution: It just a cosmetic issue, it happens if you have "Debug Mode" on in FMRTE Settings. It will be fixed in build 39
  2. Old format presets .xml were imported, but are empty, and the original file was deleted
    Solution: So far I don't know why that happens, I need some XML files that cause this so I can replicate.
    In the latest version build 38, FMRTE no longer deletes the .xml files, it moves them to a Backup folder

Thanks

I updated to latest version but even basic presets (destroy team, heal team etc) doesn't work.  So I think my errors are not about preset files. 

I put cursors on custom preset button -> 'preset....' button pops up -> put cursors on that button -> fmrte button shows up -> put cursors on that and click preset -> unexpected error occur

And sorry for the 'report post'. I was attempt to reply your post. My bad.  

error.log

17 hours ago, BraCa said:

Thanks

Cheers BraCa !

I do experience the same error when applying all the custom presets (image below) including defaults like HEAL_TEAM or INSPIRE_TEAM. Applying heal or inspire from the side menu is fine, it's only when applying from custom preset that would get me error.

image.thumb.png.0fdbb94bf61bed0d10953e8a70e21b25.png

Step by step guide about how to reproduce the issue:

1. Open Teams Page in FMRTE
  2. Choose any of the custom presets to apply
  3. Voila! 

ULTRA_TEAM.json PROFESSIONAL_TEAM.json RESET_TEAM.json error.log

I know @BraCa already said it will be fixed soon but i would like to add as feedback that the presets actually works, but every parameter that you set as + or - wont work, even if write manually by json file.

• Thanks 1

My old presets did not make it into JSON Files too (and they are pretty big ones because I change any youth prospects to values I think they need :) )

The XML still exists thou

SET_YOUTH.xml

The normal presets work as long as you don't touch them. What I have observed with the files is that the ones that work have values that register as purple as in this pic http://prntscr.com/np3p5v

Custom presets made with values (there may be a limit value of 10000 for things like condition and stats at 20? kinda making the presets redundant if that is the case) dont have values registering purple as evident from the Ultra_Team.json files - see below

http://prntscr.com/np3pst

The professional preset also does this as shown in this pic: http://prntscr.com/np3qip

Not sure if this is what is causing the issues but might be an avenue to try out

Thank you guys, a new version is now available (build 41)

Please update to the latest version, and let me know if all those issues were fixed

Known Issues and Solutions:

• Custom Preset is empty
  1. Make sure that your old XML file is in the Backup folder (C:\BraCa Soft\FMRTE 19\Presets\Backup)
  2. Remove your preset:
    Using FMRTE:
    - Open Preset Manager
    - Select your Preset
    - Press the '-' button to remove it
    - Press the Save button
    - Now close FMRTE 
    - Open FMRTE
    - Your preset should have been imported again (FMRTE used the xml file in the backup folder)
    Or remove the .json file directly:
    - Close FMRTE
    - Go to the Presets folder usually it's  C:\BraCa Soft\FMRTE 19\Presets\
    - Select your custom preset json file and remove it
    - Open FMRTE
    - Your preset should have been imported again (FMRTE used the xml file in the backup folder)
  • My Custom Preset does not appear in the 'Custom Preset' button
    Make sure FMRTE loaded your Preset and that your preset is marked as Active, to do so follow this:
  1. Open Preset Manager
  2. Select your Preset, and check if the 'Is Active' setting is enabled.
  3. If it isn't, check it, and press the 'Save' button
  4. For those changes take effect, you need to close all open tabs in FMRTE

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, BraCa said:

Thank you guys, a new version is now available (build 41)

Please update to the latest version, and let me know if all those issues were fixed

Known Issues and Solutions:

• Custom Preset is empty
  1. Make sure that your old XML file is in the Backup folder (C:\BraCa Soft\FMRTE 19\Presets\Backup)
  2. Remove your preset:
    Using FMRTE:
    - Open Preset Manager
    - Select your Preset
    - Press the '-' button to remove it
    - Press the Save button
    - Now close FMRTE 
    - Open FMRTE
    Or remove the .json file directly:
    - Close FMRTE
    - Go to the Presets folder usually it's  C:\BraCa Soft\FMRTE 19\Presets\
    - Select your custom preset json file and remove it
    - Open FMRTE
  • My Custom Preset does not appear in the 'Custom Preset' button
    Make sure FMRTE loaded your Preset and that your preset is marked as Active, to do so follow this:
  1. Open Preset Manager
  2. Select your Preset, and check if the 'Is Active' setting is enabled.
  3. If it isn't, check it, and press the 'Save' button
  4. For those changes take effect, you need to close all open tabs in FMRTE

thanks for the update BraCa !
I can confirm the newest update fixed MY custom presets issue.

Still getting this problem even after update.

My custom player presets work fine, but all my staff presets say there's an unexpected error. Even creating new staff presets won't work.

Staff Stats.json

A new version (build 43) is now available, with fixes for the @SGMD87 and @Scheimann issues.

@SGMD87 your Staff Stats preset should be working fine, but I've been looking into it, and it has some invalid actions `CoachTacticalAttributes` does not exist, it should be `TacticalAttributes`. Feel free to edit that directly in the json file, or, using FMRTE Preset Manager.

FMRTE will ignore any invalid action and execute all the others.