FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

what do you guys edit when starting each game

Penza06

4 hours ago, andyinasia said:

1. Change my manager profile to VERY POOR, CA1

2. Change Club Rep to 1, Corporate Facilities to 1

3. Make all my players CA1 PA high; Inj Pron low, Nat Fit high, Prof and Amb high, Dirt low. Worship the chairman or me, love the club, contracts for 20 years and leave at end of contract. 

Really? What will this achieve?

18 hours ago, GREYFOX said:

Really? What will this achieve?

A challenge, yeh. Neither easier nor harder - just different. Basically to start as low as you can go and see how far you can get with the same group of kids, starting aged 14-15 through to their retirements (never got that far yet!). In my gameworld my club is a kind of quasi-cult, where the players and staff are happy to be paid peanuts, never leave, no one arrives, and they idolise the boss.

I began a few years ago by making every starting/incoming kid PA200 but that got too easy. I've honed it over the years to have a long-lasting challenge that's a bit tougher, but at the moment I'm still getting promotions too easily. Having yourself as manager with CA1 seems to make bugger all difference though.

Btw, the 'leave at the end of contract' is a trick to stop the players demanding to leave. I can always extend the contract expiry date to keep him indefinitely. It only fails when the chairman sells a player from under you.

Nb. I always use an add-on lower league file. I previously started at level 22-23 but even with CA1 players that's too easy. This time I started in a non-relegation level 12 division. It's still too easy! If i can keep going we'll hit the Premier League before my original squad has passed their peak.

• Like 1