FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

problem installing fmrte 15 on windows 8

David Rooney

Hello all

Long time user of fmrte and never had any problem with it before. i was playing a game before with all the latest patches etc then suddenly fmrte has shut down as i try to go back to it. So i go to my desktop and the icon has gone. I search for it in my folders and its disappeared. All very odd.

So i've tried reinstalling it as its nowhere to be found on my pc and im getting an error message saying "an error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory"

However the file in the destination directory doesnt exist anymore its not there...

it then says "movefile failed, code 5. access is denied. click retry to try again, ignore to skip or abort to cancel installation"

So my questions mainly are

1) Is this a known fault where fmrte just disappears off desktop and off screen?

2) how do i reinstall it without suffering this error??

cheers in advance 

Hello all- I've fixed it myself but i wont delete the thread incase anyone else suffers from this.

It was my adaware anti virus software blocking installation. its never done that before! I turned it off and it allowed installation. i dont know if fmrte was deleted by adaware anti virus in the first place??

Further news- adaware anti virus is being detected as a virus and automatically being deleted. i've had this anti virus software for a long time and its never done this before. Have adaware changed their definitions or something?? Is there anyway of stopping adaware deleting it each time??

Hello all- I've fixed it myself but i wont delete the thread incase anyone else suffers from this.

It was my adaware anti virus software blocking installation. its never done that before! I turned it off and it allowed installation. i dont know if fmrte was deleted by adaware anti virus in the first place??

Further news- adaware anti virus is being detected as a virus and automatically being deleted. i've had this anti virus software for a long time and its never done this before. Have adaware changed their definitions or something?? Is there anyway of stopping adaware deleting it each time??

you fixed? i have this problem same today :( can you hlep me?