FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Coefficient issue for European qualification

First post, hi all!

I searched in case this has been answered before but couldn't find anything - does anyone know how if coefficients can be altered in the editor? At the moment the game (with the real fixtures and most recent start date editor files in use) awards a fifth Champions League spot to the Premier League, when in real life Germany overtook them in the coefficients this season and so CL spots only go to the top four in England.

I'm playing as Tottenham and finishing fifth puts me in the CL, which kind of ruins the immersion a little bit. I've had a hunt around on other forums and there seems to be a lot of discussion over whether coefficients can be altered or not (from what I've read it might have been possible at one point but not any more?) so I thought I'd ask here.

Cheers

Si

On 5/7/2024 at 4:07 AM, Siobri said:

First post, hi all!

I searched in case this has been answered before but couldn't find anything - does anyone know how if coefficients can be altered in the editor? At the moment the game (with the real fixtures and most recent start date editor files in use) awards a fifth Champions League spot to the Premier League, when in real life Germany overtook them in the coefficients this season and so CL spots only go to the top four in England.

I'm playing as Tottenham and finishing fifth puts me in the CL, which kind of ruins the immersion a little bit. I've had a hunt around on other forums and there seems to be a lot of discussion over whether coefficients can be altered or not (from what I've read it might have been possible at one point but not any more?) so I thought I'd ask here.

Cheers

Si

Hi

Coefficients has been bugged on/off for years in pre game editor and I gave up trying to fix it

I use my own UEFA system where there are more club comps and all nations have the same amount of clubs entering the group stages so no need for coefficients it is a fairer system[no coefficients show using this Mod]

9b2ff8ce26fd98527a549c6239d2b435.png

2 hours ago, robp135 said:

I was trying to make this work today. I went in and reduced the English and updated the German/Italian coefficent but it still didnt work. Maybe need to do a more extreme number.

NB the coefficients wouldn't kick in for the first season as you would have the clubs already registered to take part in the 23/24 UEFA comps[unless you re did the UEFA comps in pre game editor]

it should work the next season but the 23/24 season would impact them again as it plays out with nations moving up/down, so IMO update the coefficients at end of the season but well before the draw is made for the next seasons comps, this way it may work 

but as said above there have been know issues with this for years 

e3758fb89fb3e1fa441454604e020f4e.png

• Like 2

Thanks for the responses guys - I fiddled with the editor myself to see if I was able to impact the co-efficient enough to change the qualifications but with no joy. I'm guessing there's no other way of removing that extra CL spot from the PL? I tried amending the CL history (removing English wins/runners up and adding German ones in their place) just to see if that had an effect, but got the same result.

5 hours ago, Siobri said:

Thanks for the responses guys - I fiddled with the editor myself to see if I was able to impact the co-efficient enough to change the qualifications but with no joy. I'm guessing there's no other way of removing that extra CL spot from the PL? I tried amending the CL history (removing English wins/runners up and adding German ones in their place) just to see if that had an effect, but got the same result.

you are talking about the pre game editor?

Good news - I haven't exactly 'solved' this issue, but I've found a workaround.

In the pre-game editor, go to Nation -> (whichever nation you want to edit) -> Information and then amend the most recent season co-efficients. To reflect real life with Italy and Germany getting the extra spots at the expense of England, you will need to bring England's co-efficients down a touch (to around 20.000 but might need a bit of trial and error to find the right balance, you don't want them losing an extra spot) and bump Italy and Germany's co-efficients up by around the same amount. 

This doesn't fix the root cause - the FMRTE custom start date can't replicate the unexpected real life Champions League results from this year that have impacted the co-efficients so much, so the game plays out with England gaining an extra spot. But it allows you reach the same end result by falsifying the co-efficients from previous seasons.

Full disclosure, I haven't had a chance to fully test this yet so I don't know if it will cause other problems further down the line, but I'll get to that soon and will update either way.

• Like 2