FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Is it possible to add my unemployed manager directly do a club without a manager?

Found an issue in FM where my youth u23 team would not play with the first team tactics. I have tested that retiring my manager and adding a new one would fix this issue. As such I was trying to resign and immediately add the same manager (to keep most career stats and relationships) back to the team to try and fix the issue. Is this a possibility with the FMRTE editor? Thanks

Edit: This is for FM24

7 hours ago, Crimson8 said:

Found an issue in FM where my youth u23 team would not play with the first team tactics. I have tested that retiring my manager and adding a new one would fix this issue. As such I was trying to resign and immediately add the same manager (to keep most career stats and relationships) back to the team to try and fix the issue. Is this a possibility with the FMRTE editor? Thanks

Edit: This is for FM24

2 hours ago, quiroga said:

Hi welcome to the forum.

you cant do that with FMRTE

I havent started a save in FM24 yet but isnt there the option with staff responsibilities for all teams to use the same tactics in FM24?

if so and that was set up then report matter to SI as its a bug

cheers

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes unfortunately I can set the U18's tactics with the staff responsibilities but not the U23's (likely a bug due to it being created midway through the save), which makes them play with the U23's manager own tactics and formation.

I have reported it to SI a couple of months ago but was looking for a workaround as there wasn't any patch regarding it and I really like developing players with the entire youth setup.

I found that going back to the club (tested this by retiring my current manager and adding a new one in another save slot), and getting the new tactics inbox and setup did fix it but this would have meant losing like 8 years or something of manager history, hence trying to leave the club and come back with the same manager.

A shame that it isn't possible but thanks for the feedback on it.