FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

How to change the owner realistically in game

Hello everyone, I would like to know if it is possible to force my owner to sell my club so that a wealthy businessman (whom I would have created) can take over on a predefined date with FMRTE 24 or maybe another editor? Thank you in advance and sorry for my english.

Hi

It is explained in the click this👉 FAQs how to set up a takeover in FMRTE

However the takeover is random, so it wont be someone you created

you can try this pre game -set up a 'future chairman'  in the edt file [below image]

however these have not always worked so not ideal[ask over on SI forums if this has improved]

279a435c29177d5f75e0bbfbc4667737.png

or try using pre game editor to set a future transfer for the new owner

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 8:14 AM, Thorki83 said:

Thanks you and i m sorry i tried to find in the FAQs but whith not succes . It's working in a game started before or not ? 🤔

I have marked in bold now in my first reply - to clarify you can force a takeover using FMRTE but it is random it could be a rich owner or it might not be-

unless you change things here in the edt files to make all takeovers -

# RICH_INDIVIDUAL   ("NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER")
# CONSORTIUM        ("NO_CONSORTIUM_TAKEOVER")
# PLC            ("NO_PLC_TAKEOVER")
# FANS TRUST        ("NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER")
# LOCAL BUSINESSMAN ("NO_LOCAL_BUSINESSMAN_TAKEOVER")

Access file valid takeovers only here-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data\database\db\2400\edt\permanent

best option if you want a rich owner change the current status to a sugar daddy

if you want a specific person you need to use pre game editor and or edt files if unsure seek guidance on SI forums

Thanks you for your responses i m going to try it . To put it simply I just want a new owner to buy my club and then I will rename it with FMRTE as Elon Musk as a suggar daddy 😁. I  want it real in my club history 🙂 .

On 1/25/2024 at 3:36 AM, Thorki83 said:

Thanks you for your responses i m going to try it . To put it simply I just want a new owner to buy my club and then I will rename it with FMRTE as Elon Musk as a suggar daddy 😁. I  want it real in my club history 🙂 .

As regards your PM-

1. How to force a takeover in FMRTE  click on the FAQs link I posted in my first reply[but it is random] 

2.The edt files you have used that I linked you too- you need to open in notepad and follow the instructions, here is a thread on how to use them click here  [but as said they do not always work, ask on the SI forums in that thread if this is fixed putting Musk as a future chairman may work eventually but it may not]

3.Valid Takeovers- set up the type you want for that country, it cant be just a specific club[ it is obviously flawed eg you want tycoon takeover only so every club in that nation will get the same ]

4.If you want a specific owner the best way do it is in the pre game editor change your owners details to who you want and make the club have a rich benefactor-foreground

I cant be any clearer mate, and 99% of the above is non FMRTE related

cheers

• Like 1

I finally managed to get my owner to leave, but I just need to figure out one more thing. What does "Please ensure the 'future_chairmen' box is ticked in the 'Extra Files' section of Preferences" mean?  Where is the "future chairmen box" ?

8 hours ago, Thorki83 said:

I finally managed to get my owner to leave, but I just need to figure out one more thing. What does "Please ensure the 'future_chairmen' box is ticked in the 'Extra Files' section of Preferences" mean?  Where is the "future chairmen box" ?

There isnt the option to display the extra files, SI removed the option 

as I have said a couple of times, and linked you to threads on the SI forums you need to ask there/in those threads for guidance on what works [as said above-If you want a specific owner the best way do it is in the pre game editor change your owners details to who you want and make the club have a rich benefactor-foreground]

I cant give you anymore advice ask there

I am closing this as the FMRTE feature has been answered and is working.

cheers