FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

translate issue

chlgksthf08

How are non-English language files being edited? Is there an official translator from each country?

Or do your developers use Google Translate to create and edit translation files?
I see the names of the authors on the translation files, but are they updated regularly? 
The contents of the translation notepad are also very strange. I opened all the other files and most of them say version 22, 23, and 24.
Only the Thai and Korean translations are stuck at version 21, which means they are not being updated regularly.

(Of course, there are signs of a few fixes in this patch, but it's still not perfect.)

I've been fixing FMRTE mistranslations and untranslations for 2-3 years in the Korean FM community, and so many of the translations are wrong.

(Even the original English has typos. I've already reported it, but sadly it hasn't been fixed.)

What I want to say is

Is there any chance that I can edit it and send you the translation files and you can releasing the next patch based on the files I send you?

The current state is that every time I update the version, it is overwritten by the old translation file, and I have to retranslate each translation, which is very difficult.

On 11/13/2023 at 5:08 PM, chlgksthf08 said:

How are non-English language files being edited? Is there an official translator from each country?

Or do your developers use Google Translate to create and edit translation files?
I see the names of the authors on the translation files, but are they updated regularly? 
The contents of the translation notepad are also very strange. I opened all the other files and most of them say version 22, 23, and 24.
Only the Thai and Korean translations are stuck at version 21, which means they are not being updated regularly.

(Of course, there are signs of a few fixes in this patch, but it's still not perfect.)

I've been fixing FMRTE mistranslations and untranslations for 2-3 years in the Korean FM community, and so many of the translations are wrong.

(Even the original English has typos. I've already reported it, but sadly it hasn't been fixed.)

What I want to say is

Is there any chance that I can edit it and send you the translation files and you can releasing the next patch based on the files I send you?

The current state is that every time I update the version, it is overwritten by the old translation file, and I have to retranslate each translation, which is very difficult.

If you place the updated translation elsewhere whenever the FMRTE is updated, just paste it in the correct folder. 

On 11/15/2023 at 10:00 PM, quiroga said:

If you place the updated translation elsewhere whenever the FMRTE is updated, just paste it in the correct folder. 

Basically you are right, but there is a big problem.
If you overwrite a translation file, you will not be able to use the translation for new strings, new features, etc.
For example, if you simply overwrite a perfectly translated file from version 23, you'll have a problem because you won't have any of the newly created translation strings in version 24, such as the set-piece coach, IFB etc.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...