FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Players' preffered role

EmperorFM

Hello everyone,i have an important question.

What's the reason for % in FMRTE player's role?For example Marcus Edwards has 70,65% as Inside Forward and only 37,81 as Winger.

Are those % correct?

Does that mean that we should be using every player to the most % role as shown in FMRTE?

thanks for your reply.I have somehow a different question.

Let's take a Striker for example.

If a Striker has 80% Advanced Forward and 70% Pressing Forward,should i give him personal role as Advanced Forward in my tactic because he will play better than Pressing Forward?

11 hours ago, EmperorFM said:

can someone reply to my above question?It's important for me.

If a Striker has role rating 80% as Advanced Forward and 70% as Pressing Forward,should i give him personal role as Advanced Forward in my tactic because he will play better than Pressing Forward?

For my experience, with those % he will play good no matter what. But you can test it by switching roles in a game and see the difference or play with a role 1 month and other role other month.

36 minutes ago, quiroga said:

For my experience, with those % he will play good no matter what. But you can test it by switching roles in a game and see the difference or play with a role 1 month and other role other month.

So if the example was 80% Advanced Forward and 60% Pressing Forward,should i change my tactic to apply Advanced Forward because he will perform better?

6 hours ago, EmperorFM said:

So if the example was 80% Advanced Forward and 60% Pressing Forward,should i change my tactic to apply Advanced Forward because he will perform better?

thats up to you

or give your player attributes that suite being a pressing forward a boost-set best role to pressing forward

also set club match prep to max on all categories

7fe17db954159e23b39a48d63ceaffdd.png

• Like 1

On 8/22/2023 at 9:22 PM, culturedleftfoot said:

thats up to you

or give your player attributes that suite being a pressing forward a boost-set best role to pressing forward

also set club match prep to max on all categories

i dont want to change player attributes.

So,in general,should i use players at those roles FMRTE shows the most % rating?

As said before its up to you its there as a pointer and it makes sense to use a player in in a role he is better suited to but its a question of how flexible/rigid you are with your tactics etc 

eg if I have a striker who is more suited to a poacher role, with low work rate, but my tactics are for pressing forwards I would be more likely to use him as a poacher and tweak my tactics, you dont need the % rating to tell you you can see it in their attributes 

• Like 1