FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

FMRTE Freeze function when transferring saves

Canadice

[1]What is your exact FM version: 22.4.1+1662587

[2]What is your exact FMRTE version: 22.4.1 (build 23)

[3]Are you running FMRTE as administrator: YES

I am running into an issue with a save file that is transferred between different user that all own a version of FMRTE and have made changes to the save file. In this specific instance There are players whose attributes have been altered since the last time I loaded the FM save on FMRTE. When loading the file in FM I see those changes, but once I load the FM save in FMRTE the changes are reverted. 

Does FMRTE use some form of local caching for FMRTE-frozen players that would revert any changes made elsewhere to an old version of the set of attributes when the save file is loaded into FMRTE? How does the freeze function actually work when the save file is edited by multiple people with their own instance of the FMRTE software?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Canadice said:

[1]What is your exact FM version: 22.4.1+1662587

[2]What is your exact FMRTE version: 22.4.1 (build 23)

[3]Are you running FMRTE as administrator: YES

I am running into an issue with a save file that is transferred between different user that all own a version of FMRTE and have made changes to the save file. In this specific instance There are players whose attributes have been altered since the last time I loaded the FM save on FMRTE. When loading the file in FM I see those changes, but once I load the FM save in FMRTE the changes are reverted. 

Does FMRTE use some form of local caching for FMRTE-frozen players that would revert any changes made elsewhere to an old version of the set of attributes when the save file is loaded into FMRTE? How does the freeze function actually work when the save file is edited by multiple people with their own instance of the FMRTE software?

Hi @Canadice

Thanks for posting all the information👍

There would be caching going on for sure,  FMRTE reads the data loaded but have you used the freeze function on this player before yourself? if so I believe that is what is happening, FMRTE freezer is doing its job it is reverting the player to his 'frozen' settings you set.

my suggestion dont use the freezer if multiple users are editing a save until all the edits are finished then freeze the player

can I ask why several people are editing a save game?

cheers

• Like 2

If someone changes something in the save via FMRTE all files created in the folder related to those changes must be transferred together so that the changes are applied on the new pc.

For example, If I edit a player and freeze. A file is created in the FMRTE folder. You have to transfer these files along with the save

• Like 2

13 hours ago, culturedleftfoot said:

Hi @Canadice

Thanks for posting all the information👍

There would be caching going on for sure,  FMRTE reads the data loaded but have you used the freeze function on this player before yourself? if so I believe that is what is happening, FMRTE freezer is doing its job it is reverting the player to his 'frozen' settings you set.

my suggestion dont use the freezer if multiple users are editing a save until all the edits are finished then freeze the player

can I ask why several people are editing a save game?

cheers

Thank you for the explanation. I had indeed frozen the player(s) myself before sending the file off to another user for edit using their copy of FMRTE and then their changes reverted when I got the file back. Removing the freezes in both copies of FMRTE solved the issue and the players edited was transferred correctly with the FM file.

As for why multiple people are editing the save game, we're running a "be-a-pro" sim league that updates players' attributes on 16 teams every weekend (thank you for the JSON import function!!). It takes some time so we've needed to divide the workload a bit, hence having multiple people needing to edit the same file.

/Canadice

• Like 1