FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

FMRTE suddenly closed

FmBasey

What is your FM version: FM 22.1.1+1620793 (m.e v22.2.0.0), Using Windows Desktop version through Steam.

What is your FMRTE version: I don't know as I'm unable to open it.

Are you running FMRTE as administrator- Unable to open it with either - but I was not running it as an administrator the last time I used it.

Are you Beta testing for S.I.- No

My issue is that I have been using FMRTE 21 and 22 for scouting purposes, and while I was trying to export a shortlist, the software just crashed. I don't think it even froze, the window just disappeared, as did all the processes (when I went into task manager and looked). Nothing happens when I try to open the software via search on the task bar on windows, and when I open the folder and double click the .exe file, I get the following error message: 
Error: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item

I get the same error message when I try to run the executable file in the actual folder as well - not just with the shortcut.

I've tried to uninstall the software and reinstall it, and run it from the installing wizard (after it's finished installing the software), and I get the following message:

Unable to execute file:
C:\BraCa Soft\FMRTE 22\FMRTE.exe

ShellExecuteEx failed; code 5.
No access.

48 minutes ago, FmBasey said:

What is your FM version: FM 22.1.1+1620793 (m.e v22.2.0.0), Using Windows Desktop version through Steam.

What is your FMRTE version: I don't know as I'm unable to open it.

Are you running FMRTE as administrator- Unable to open it with either - but I was not running it as an administrator the last time I used it.

Are you Beta testing for S.I.- No

My issue is that I have been using FMRTE 21 and 22 for scouting purposes, and while I was trying to export a shortlist, the software just crashed. I don't think it even froze, the window just disappeared, as did all the processes (when I went into task manager and looked). Nothing happens when I try to open the software via search on the task bar on windows, and when I open the folder and double click the .exe file, I get the following error message: 
Error: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item

I get the same error message when I try to run the executable file in the actual folder as well - not just with the shortcut.

I've tried to uninstall the software and reinstall it, and run it from the installing wizard (after it's finished installing the software), and I get the following message:

Unable to execute file:
C:\BraCa Soft\FMRTE 22\FMRTE.exe

ShellExecuteEx failed; code 5.
No access.

Hi open a bug report and copy your post into it 

Cheers

Don't know how to reply to specific posts on this forum, but I found someone else reporting this issue on FM 21:

They're reporting that the Zip file worked, and that they reported the bug. I can't see where the bug has been reported - or read any fixes to that bug. I will try the Zip version myself now. 

28 minutes ago, FmBasey said:

Don't know how to reply to specific posts on this forum, but I found someone else reporting this issue on FM 21:

They're reporting that the Zip file worked, and that they reported the bug. I can't see where the bug has been reported - or read any fixes to that bug. I will try the Zip version myself now. 

when the bug is resolved by the devs it is difficult for users to see it[staff can] seems to be a glitch,

check profile of user who posted it his timeline should still have a link to original thread

hope this works for you

if not  submit a bug report

31 minutes ago, culturedleftfoot said:

when the bug is resolved by the devs it is difficult for users to see it[staff can] seems to be a glitch,

check profile of user who posted it his timeline should still have a link to original thread

hope this works for you

if not  submit a bug report

I found the bugreport through Google, and figured out that it was my antivirus that raised an exception for FMRTE editing files outside of the internal folder. No idea why that would be. Either that's a false positive from my antivirus or there's a bug somewhere. I can't imagine the software being used for something shady.