FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Swap staff

Stephin Merritt

This year FM20 has changed they way you grow as a Manager, and you don't earn experience (in form of statistics such as number of games managed, wins, losses, etc) if you don't play the matches. I mean, if you are on holidays for skipping matches, it does not count.

I want to be appointed as a National Club Manager (for example Spain), but they always reject me, despite having won some important titles (Liga Santander) and a very good reputation. I believe the cause could be the one described before (I don't play the matches, I take holidays, so my actual experience is 2 games played :D)

Long story short, I want to be Spain's Manager, and I untick the 'Swaping option' because I don't want to lose my current job at the club (Espanyol), just to replace the current Spanish Manager. FMRTE says that is has been done successfully but it doesn't, I don't have the job at Spain.

*Additionally, if you don't untick the swapping option, you current job at the club is taken over by the Spanish Manager and you end up unemployed (instead of the job at Spain).

Any thoughts or is this a bug?

Clipboard01.jpg

2 hours ago, Stephin Merritt said:

This year FM20 has changed they way you grow as a Manager, and you don't earn experience (in form of statistics such as number of games managed, wins, losses, etc) if you don't play the matches. I mean, if you are on holidays for skipping matches, it does not count.

I want to be appointed as a National Club Manager (for example Spain), but they always reject me, despite having won some important titles (Liga Santander) and a very good reputation. I believe the cause could be the one described before (I don't play the matches, I take holidays, so my actual experience is 2 games played :D)

Long story short, I want to be Spain's Manager, and I untick the 'Swaping option' because I don't want to lose my current job at the club (Espanyol), just to replace the current Spanish Manager. FMRTE says that is has been done successfully but it doesn't, I don't have the job at Spain.

*Additionally, if you don't untick the swapping option, you current job at the club is taken over by the Spanish Manager and you end up unemployed (instead of the job at Spain).

Any thoughts or is this a bug?

Clipboard01.jpg

why dont you use this option on game start up

this way you can do what you want and just select unsackable in FMRTE 

c526246d3d0f515ed74783125504df0c.png

regarding the swap option I would report as a bug just to get dev feedback

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, culturedleftfoot said:

why dont you use this option on game start up

this way you can do what you want and just select unsackable in FMRTE 

c526246d3d0f515ed74783125504df0c.png

regarding the swap option I would report as a bug just to get dev feedback

I wasn't planning on it. That is also the beauty of this game, improvise and having changes of heart.

Thanks for the bug report.