FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Is it possible to change the status of an "always amateur" club?

Ale88

Hi guys,

I just began a new game with the Hong Kong Football Club, which is the only amateur team in the HK Premier League, all the other teams are professional and those in the First Division are semi-professional. I thought that it was possible to change the status through the Asian Champions League qualification but, while I was looking for info on some other forum, I found out that they are set as "always amateur" as club's choice, so this means that they will never turn professionals, as pr attached image.

I wanted to know if it's possible to change the club status in my save or if in this case it's not possible, because I've been told that this kind of edit is not allowed in real time, I should have done it before  starting the game... Does anybody know?

Thanks a lot!

bLAT5Oj.png

yes you can change the status to what you want  eg amateur to professional via club info page

if there are set rules in a comp stopping this those need to be edited pre save game via advanced rules

for your info this is a fmrte question and so moving to main forum .....the game talk forum is just that, to talk about the game not fmrte

and you need to say what OS you are using and version of game etc

46 minutes ago, culturedleftfoot said:

for your info this is a fmrte question and so moving to main forum .....the game talk forum is just that, to talk about the game not fmrte

and you need to say what OS you are using and version of game etc

Ah ok, thanks, I didn't know which one was the correct section ;)

I use macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and FM 17.3.2, do you need other info?