FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

FM17.1.2 patch is now out

culturedleftfoot

SI have released a small patch 17.1.2 to the game and for those who didnt follow the tips in forum rules 

Steam (top left) > Go Offline > Restart in Offline Mode

5) Besides the above method to stop FM from updating, there is another method that you can do.  Backup the following folder (x = yearly release i.e. 2016, 2017, etc) to another location, however make sure you have enough disk space as this file can be large.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager x

To revert back to the previous version, just copy and paste this folder back into the location that you copied it from, overwriting the current folder.  This method has worked in previous FM versions, however this may change in the future as either Steam or SI can change the way the game is installed to prevent this method from happening.

BraCa is aware and working on the patch, so keep this thread to post about it do not set up new threads asking when is the patch coming out etc

> If there are any posts that ask where is FMRTE?, how long until FMRTE is released or the like then you will be given a months' posting ban.  Persistent posters will be given more harsher punishments.  This has gone on long enough and it stops now.

18 minutes ago, culturedleftfoot said:

5) Besides the above method to stop FM from updating, there is another method that you can do.  Backup the following folder (x = yearly release i.e. 2016, 2017, etc) to another location, however make sure you have enough disk space as this file can be large.

To revert back to the previous version, just copy and paste this folder back into the location that you copied it from, overwriting the current folder.  This method has worked in previous FM versions, however this may change in the future as either Steam or SI can change the way the game is installed to prevent this method from happening.

How do you backup the folder?

8 minutes ago, Aaron03 said:

Even when pausing the update download before it starts, it is impossible to load FM17 also. Bloody tricky Sigames. It's only a small update so one would think we wont have to wait long. That's all I'm saying <_<

as the above right click copy, Ive been doing it since the steam offline situation as I sometimes forget this way to set steam offline

its a belt and braces approach but SI /Steam have refused to change the game update process, we could in earlier versions just set it to update when prompted by user 

54 minutes ago, culturedleftfoot said:

I am not sure what that means? It seems like there are some steps missing? Is there somewhere where I can find the full steps?

Many thanks.

46 minutes ago, TheGame32 said:

I am not sure what that means? It seems like there are some steps missing? Is there somewhere where I can find the full steps?

Many thanks.

Here is a step by step guide.

1) Backup just the Football Manager folder in the installed Steam folder as mentioned above.  Label it appropriately so you don't delete it by accident.

2) If you want to revert back to the previous version, all you do is copy and paste the above folder back to where you initially copied from, overwrite if you are prompted to do so which you will definitely.

I hope this helps :)

2 hours ago, GREYFOX said:

Here is a step by step guide.

1) Backup just the Football Manager folder in the installed Steam folder as mentioned above.  Label it appropriately so you don't delete it by accident.

2) If you want to revert back to the previous version, all you do is copy and paste the above folder back to where you initially copied from, overwrite if you are prompted to do so which you will definitely.

I hope this helps :)

I overwrote the files, but loaded up fmrte and still said this version isnt for my fm saved game. So it didn't work.

1 minute ago, Aaron03 said:

thanks but i will just keep it offline LOL!

I do both now have done for the last couple of versions of game...lol

I hope I am wrong but see it coming that we wont be allowed to set steam offline before long

anyway all good now about to go online and update game ...then change the files for facegen regens/real name fix etc etc etc

back up game then go offline again:P