FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Removing promises & changing players' plans

mixester

So as you can see from the topic title, two really simple questions which have been asked 1000 times already, but :

1) Is there any workarounds or anything to remove promises. Not that I want to remove sound ones but I had some issues with newgen right back, to the point he wanted to leave but ultimately calmed down and agreed to a new contract. Despite this, I still have the promise for him to be sold there. "1 day(s) left, is pleased his manager has tried to sell him".

2) In my save, Alvaro Negredo just recently won the Ballon d'Or (as a 33 year old viley vet), this adds hugely to his Valencia legacy but he just wants to quit the game altogether after retirement. Any workarounds to get them to hang around after retirement? 

• 2 weeks later...

1. change squad status to lower, this will help set ambition etc low loyalty high

2. think you can edit retirement in his profile, or change his age sign a new contract etc etc

Thanks for the reply. I've might been a bit confusing but here goes again.

1. He is being on rotation status and plays about 50/50 with my other right back so squad status is decent. Also yeah, could toy with his ambition and loyalty, but that doesn't remove the green dot in the promise-page which has been there for 2½ seasons now. He wanted to be listed, I listed him for 6 months, he wanted off the list, took him off the list. Been happy in the team ever since but has still the green dot about getting sold. I know it's not a huge issue but might just bug me enough just to sell him to see if I can get rid of it that way.

2. Tried to look for long-term plans and everything but can't find a way to edit them. I just want to have him on my team staff when he hangs up the boots. I don't want him to play any longer than he wants to, still has two years left on his contract though. Think there's no direct tools for these either. Guess I could just edit some unemployed low level coach or scout and then just give him a contract. Just looking for easy ways out though! :)