FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Changing kit number

Thanks. I'm on the FM train again for the first time since FM17 and it was possible back then, but I realize a lot of things have changed. I like adding new kits to teams in long saves and editing colours is mostly what I use FMRTE for. 

12 hours ago, Aaron1 said:

Not 100% sure but COULD IT BE ...

TEXT?

Change that and save it, proceed a few days in game and see what happens. Can always chance it back to TEXT

Wow, thank you! Never would've thought along those lines, though I found it worked best when changing icon to shirt. No issues when switching back either. 

@agent007
You probably misunderstood me. Here's the difference between the pre-game editor and FMRTE. No way of changing the number colour in FMRTE without the above process. 

x.png

6 hours ago, Chuck Bass said:

Wow, thank you! Never would've thought along those lines, though I found it worked best when changing icon to shirt. No issues when switching back either. 

@agent007
You probably misunderstood me. Here's the difference between the pre-game editor and FMRTE. No way of changing the number colour in FMRTE without the above process. 

x.png

there is no way to change the colour of the kit number on the icon without shirt cahnge it at shirt tab. TEXT is for the commentary of the march ICON is for 2D matches.

You just when thru the long process of chaning it. by chaning icon to shirt, then back ti shirt. it was still done uder SHIRT not  icon  text

image.thumb.png.c3b599a39c832a93c3c17332204cce09.pngScreenshot2024-04-18143239.thumb.png.19ef0ec7f3162d8f1258e493b8f03e68.png

Screenshot 2024-04-18 143223.png

• Like 2

No clue what you're blabbering about tbh. As if I don't know what text, icon and shirt are used for, I've been playing CM/FM for over 20 years. I needed to change the number colour on the icon for 2D view and with the help of Aaron I managed to do it. Simply changing the number colour on the shirt or the text does nothing for the icon in 2D view. 

1 hour ago, Chuck Bass said:

No clue what you're blabbering about tbh. As if I don't know what text, icon and shirt are used for, I've been playing CM/FM for over 20 years. I needed to change the number colour on the icon for 2D view and with the help of Aaron I managed to do it. Simply changing the number colour on the shirt or the text does nothing for the icon in 2D view. 

Hi

Please dont reply like that @agent007 was only trying to assist you, there is no need to be rude😉

cheers

• Like 1

As per Agent 007 advise you change the actual kit number colour here-[is that what you want as you state ' kit number on the icon'-if not show a screenshot of what you are trying to do and also what version of FMRTE as the options have changed over the years]

untouched kit-

f4d0722eceaa11a886eee8f344d8b56b.png

Edited kit number

bab0ca083cc77e9ff438d6e718991bf5.png

number icons in game after changing as above

c5ce5983f651bb59d4497988bee1922a.jpg

• Like 1

I really didn't plan to come on here being an asshole, but he was being condescending in that post. Sorry for my part in it regardless.

I'm thankful for everyone trying to help, but the last two of you didn't understand what I was asking for and the answers are not relevant to my question. Like I said, I was only looking for the number colour on the icon specifically, as I play in 2D and text and shirt are perfectly fine to edit and I didn't have any trouble with those. Luckily others got my question and it was solved. 

I actually took the trouble of downloading FM17 and FMRTE17 to show you what it was like before, in the hope that maybe this function will return in the future. 

Screenshot 2024-04-19 003929.png

• Like 1

Next time (hopefully there won't be one) I will add screenshots from the beginning to avoid such things. I can show you what I did. 

Here I have edited shirt number and text to green, but it does not affect the icon. 

1.png.2b49da8a9f5639f5a43896e3e2364f84.png

What I then did was change icon to shirt, make the number colour blue, and immediately change it back to icon. 

2.png.b0fe4cabae2a3f6835ed3a853b2f167e.png 

The finished result. 

3.png.2abce82596990c39afd01022ea0b77ba.png

• Like 1