FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Editing Cup Ties doesn't lead to the fixture itself being changed

I've recently ran into a problem where I tried to change the cup tie. The change itself got reflected in the Tab: Overview > Stages. However, the scheduling of the fixtures doesn't change along with it.

image.thumb.png.df6430c72906ea6a387c5cef61e03ab7.png

This is a test file where the original draw included Jong Groningen being put against Jong ADO Den Haag. I didn't want that, so I split them up. However, at the fixtures-section, you can see that the game being scheduled is still Jong Groningen vs. Jong ADO Den Haag. I progressed the game, it ended up simulating the tie as Groningen v. ADO. I'm not sure why it's not working now, because it has worked in the past, but my theory is that this happens when you try to change the tie on a day different than the day of the draw. I don't know for sure, the draw in game was May 19th, and I only found out a day later that nothing really got changed, so I can't test this theory myself right now.

1 hour ago, Jigovic said:

I've recently ran into a problem where I tried to change the cup tie. The change itself got reflected in the Tab: Overview > Stages. However, the scheduling of the fixtures doesn't change along with it.

image.thumb.png.df6430c72906ea6a387c5cef61e03ab7.png

This is a test file where the original draw included Jong Groningen being put against Jong ADO Den Haag. I didn't want that, so I split them up. However, at the fixtures-section, you can see that the game being scheduled is still Jong Groningen vs. Jong ADO Den Haag. I progressed the game, it ended up simulating the tie as Groningen v. ADO. I'm not sure why it's not working now, because it has worked in the past, but my theory is that this happens when you try to change the tie on a day different than the day of the draw. I don't know for sure, the draw in game was May 19th, and I only found out a day later that nothing really got changed, so I can't test this theory myself right now.

Hi

I will @BraCa into this to see if he has any input or wants a bug report

cheers

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I tried it again in the new season, but made sure to do it on the day of the draw itself. I changed ties for two cup competitions, I qualified for the next round in the KNVB-Beker, so I was in the draw, and I got eliminated in the Carabao Cup, so the draw commenced without me. I didn't get a notification for when the draw for the Carabao Cup was, so I had to check it manually on the scheduled day of the draw.

Anyway, I changed ties and they were all scheduled.

So I think that the problem is that you shouldn't change ties if you have already progressed after the draw has been made. I think it's like how you can't use FMRTE to promote/relegate teams through points editing if it's already mathematically determined, or if it's after the season has ended. I'm guessing that the game registers a cup tie fixture fully when going to the next day, so as long as it hasn't done that, you can edit stuff.