FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Struggling to figure out basic things.

Sem Buitenhuis

This is my first time using the program. I've gotten stuck on a couple of things that may be easy to fix but I can't seem to figure it out

1. When I edit a player and try to give him a different name it seems like the name can't be longer than the original one.

2. How do you transfer staff to your/any other club? I have seen the 'swap staff' feature but I'm trying to fill an open position and can't seem to find a "move to club" feature like players have.

3. How do I move a player to a club on loan? I have figured out the transfers but don't see an option to loan a player.

Sorry if my questions are a bit too obvious. I was looking for a basic guide for the program but it looks like the post that had it has a dead link/file now.

Thank you in advance.

Hi.

1) I have never know this to happen.  To be honest, I have never changed a name in-game.  I have always done it pre-game.  I guess there must a character limit.

2) I don't think 'Move to Club' is available right now if it is not present.  It could be switched off until the devs can fix/add it.  I am currently installing FM 22 so I will have a look as soon as possible.

3) You can't loan a player like you can do with transfers.  You can't initiate a transfer directly either.  Until the game registers the loan, you will have to find another way.  I don't think you can change a pending loan either.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sem Buitenhuis said:

This is my first time using the program. I've gotten stuck on a couple of things that may be easy to fix but I can't seem to figure it out

1. When I edit a player and try to give him a different name it seems like the name can't be longer than the original one.

2. How do you transfer staff to your/any other club? I have seen the 'swap staff' feature but I'm trying to fill an open position and can't seem to find a "move to club" feature like players have.

3. How do I move a player to a club on loan? I have figured out the transfers but don't see an option to loan a player.

Sorry if my questions are a bit too obvious. I was looking for a basic guide for the program but it looks like the post that had it has a dead link/file now.

Thank you in advance.

PM me when free 

1.yes that is a known issue

2.swap is the only option -there is a suggestion forum and it has been requested more option like this be added[vote for it]

3.you cant again a feature requested 👇[vote for it]

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 12:46 PM, Sem Buitenhuis said:

Thank you in advance.

1) I assume you want a name larger than his current name? I'd say make up a name you can remember until this issue is fixed.

2) Move to club is not available right now.  Use Swap Staff to get rid of someone you do not want.  If you want, you can expire his contract and see if he signs for you.  A warning for you.  Swap Staff and Move to Club is to be used at your own risk as there has been issues with it.

Make sure you back up your save before you do this step as it is irreversible.

3) There is no way to loan a player to another club.  You can request it in the Suggestions and Ideas forum.