FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Can we change region of a nation now?

YIPU DING

I can see the option to change continent of a nation. For example, I change an Asia nation to Europe is good. I can find the nation in the Europe list.

However, when I check the nation details in FM2022, it still shows the region is in Asia somewhere. So the champion League I have to play is Asia League, not European champion League.

Can we change region of a nation into Europe somewhere as well?

Thanks,

not that I am aware of 

and not sure how changing a Nation's continent will pan out as it will impact the number of countries playing in certain comps and when you do this in pre game editor it breaks other comps - eg add a nation to UEFA Nations league any dependent comps might not start eg world cup 

Ive not tried this in fmrte perhaps a dev can explain how it works 

also will surely impact on club continental comps too 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, culturedleftfoot said:

not that I am aware of 

and not sure how changing a Nation's continent will pan out as it will impact the number of countries playing in certain comps and when you do this in pre game editor it breaks other comps - eg add a nation to UEFA Nations league any dependent comps might not start eg world cup 

Ive not tried this perhaps a dev can explain how it works 

also will surely impact on club continental comps too 

Thanks, that is why I change San Marino into Asia to make sure the balance. Apparently, the region need to be balanced as well. There is no way for me to accomplish that at the moment.

Firstly, I thought the issue due to the missing EuroCoefffients. However, I found the EuroCoefficients appears soon after I reload the FMRTE. The EuroCoefficients is not the problem, and I can edit them in FMRTE. 

Then, I found the Europe Nation Club Coefficient list in FM2022 remains the same and the 55th was still San Marino. I soon realize it wouldn't work.

Have to wait the full version of FM2022 and pre-game editor then.

Thanks,

7 hours ago, GREYFOX said:

I would say ask on the official FM forums.  You will get a more accurate response there obviously.  What you are trying to do is beyond our scope of knowledge.

I have done many projects like this using pre game editor recreating old Yugoslavia etc but the result is having to re build whole continental comps via advanced rules for both club and national teams it's a massive project. 

That's why just changing a nation's continent is going to cause issues IMO

• Like 1

4 hours ago, culturedleftfoot said:

I have done many projects like this using pre game editor recreating old Yugoslavia etc but the result is having to re build whole continental comps via advanced rules for both club and national teams it's a massive project. 

That's why just changing a nation's continent is going to cause issues IMO

I realised almost instantly what the OP wanted to do was complex.  You can't just simply change one value and expect it to work without consequence.  The vast majority of fields and values in the game are interlinked so changing one value will have a knock on effect somewhere else.

Trying to find the balance between each field is extremely complex and requires very intimate knowledge of the game code.  SI have that but we do not.