FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Problem with Tactic Familiarity

James Cole

What is your FM version: FM 21.4.0-1540115 (running on Windows 10)

What is your FMRTE version: FMRTE 21.4.0 (build 40) (I have used the update feature says I am using the current version)

Are you running FMRTE as administratorYES

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's a bug or there's something I'm missing, but I'm using FMRTE in order to run some personal tests with the files available on fmbase and everytime I use the Match Preparation section to get all the fields in Tactic Familiarity to Fluid, it seems to give mixed results, even though FMRTE says everything is up to 100.

Furthermore, I already tried to do things like advancing to the next day, saving on a different file and reloading FMRTE, repeating all the procedures, and mixing all of these.

On the attached files you can find an example of what happens using the same tactic on the three slots of the two different teams.

I really need to sort that out.

Thank you in advance.

Fmrte1.thumb.PNG.c5312f14bcc2fc1e004879c6fd9dd8c1.PNGFmrte2.PNG.65fed52d5f64f32d2cb7faf6425a3212.PNG1232241002_CA165_3412.thumb.png.64a29e7f1ac824badc85cc345b4d6c25.png74334290_CA140_3412.thumb.png.5c46a3f5ba9977da1169810b234c1c5c.png

This is an issue in the game, not with FMRTE.  I remember a while back reports of the game not showing 100% familiarity which I have experienced too.  One of the SI staff replied saying that despite this "bug" (if it is a bug), it is indeed 100%.

Search on the official FM forums for tactical familiarity/match preparation.  This I believe has been present since FM 20 as I experienced this in that specific version.

• Thanks 1

Thank you both for your answers.

Be that as it may, I'd prefer to see every field "fluid" just to be sure; in order to do so, I found that the "Debug mode" box seems to do the trick with the following steps:

1) Load game on FM, open FMRTE and load game on FMRTE

2) Load the tactic in all the three slots and select the (right) players

3) Take every field of match preparation up to 100 on FMRTE

4) Go forward in time staying in the tactics menu (with both teams, in this case scenario)

5) Load game on FMRTE and once again take every field of match preparation up to 100

This way you'll have everything set in a single day of game time.

The only exception seems to be the "Position/role/duty" field, which I believe to be depending on the team's players. That field appears to be at the same level even after a year (spent on holiday for the tests, of course).

• Thanks 1

Just now, James Cole said:

Be that as it may, I'd prefer to see every field "fluid" just to be sure; in order to do so, I found that the "Debug mode" box seems to do the trick with the following steps:

4) Go forward in time staying in the tactics menu (with both teams, in this case scenario)

5) Load game on FMRTE and once again take every field of match preparation up to 100

The only exception seems to be the "Position/role/duty" field, which I believe to be depending on the team's players. That field appears to be at the same level even after a year (spent on holiday for the tests, of course).

Thank you for your detailed process.  This will come in handy for other users.

2 hours ago, James Cole said:

I always have the debug box ticked 

thanks for the update 

I have also spoken to someone who uses the official IGE and states even with that it doesnt set the bars to 100% in game for tactical familiarity but SI states it is 100% its a glitch where it doesnt show it correctly