FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Mouse stops working, latest update (FMRTE 15.3.1)

BuddyJoe83

Hi there,

I have the weirdest problem: my mouse stops working after I launch FMRTE.

I have been using this update since it launched (15th of March) but since today, whenever I start FMRTE, my mouse (a wireless Logitech M185) stops working, for my entire OS (Windows 7).

I can still use my entire OS and other programs, but through my keyboard.

I know this is the weirdest coïncedence ever, but I was troubleshooting all my (running) programs but is it whenever I launch FMRTE, the mouse stops working.

I don't what other services or .exe files start when you launch FMRTE (I am checking task manager but without mouse that is hard to check...).

Do other players experience the same or is this something that can be fixed..

Thanks!

Just ran Taskmanager side by side with FMRTE and it because of this .exe file that's started when you start FMRTE:

wisptis.exe

This is the exe file for the 'pen and touchpad' input component.

I don't know this .exe file is started when you launch FMRTE, I can disable it manually now when I launch FMRTE but I would like to have it not started  ^_^

a related issue exists on a Microsoft help page: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/5a89f3ba-832d-4489-b4e7-5dbcda871486/mouse-hangs-with-certain-apps-because-of-wisptisexe-conflicting-with-sfttrayexe?forum=mdopappv

So it's a component within FMRTE that activates it but there are way more applications that can fire up this .exe file...

Just this one is causing me problems :P

• Like 1

More digging on the 'webs' shows it is the latest update of .net MS framework (4.5.2). This update can cause this problems.

I am now deinstalling this latest update (from 21st of March) and reinstalling v4.5.1.

Will update this thread if that helps the issue, if so, it is a Microsoft related problem and this thread can be helpful for others who experience the same.

• Like 1

This fixes the problem!

So for anybody that is experiencing this problem (mousefreeze after launching FMRTE): deinstall Microsoft .net Framework 4.5.2 from your system (through Control Panel).

Reinstall Framework 4.5.1 and FMRTE launches without problems.

Framework 4.5.2 was installed on my system on the 21st and, with launching the editor today, I first experienced this.

Hope this can help others out aswell.

**meaning: FMRTE update didn't cause this for me, it was the Windows patch that I just installed yesterday.

This patch might affect others so letting you know :)