FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

FMRTE22 not starting on Windows 11

andreism

Hello all

I'm running FMRTE.22.4.1.23 on a 64bit Windows 11 Lenovo Legion laptop (AMD Ryzen 5, 16 GB ram).

The application doesn't want to start. I double click on the launcher icon and nothing happens. Nothing with "FM" is running also in Task Manager and C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming does not get populated with a FMRTE folder

What I've tried so far:

- reinstalling from zip installer and normal installer

- running application in Compatibility Mode

- installing in other location and running from there

- smashing my head on the keyboard

- doing all windows updates

* Proud user of FMRTE since Fm15

Can you help me a bit on getting this working, please?

17 hours ago, andreism said:

Hello all

I'm running FMRTE.22.4.1.23 on a 64bit Windows 11 Lenovo Legion laptop (AMD Ryzen 5, 16 GB ram).

The application doesn't want to start. I double click on the launcher icon and nothing happens. Nothing with "FM" is running also in Task Manager and C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming does not get populated with a FMRTE folder

What I've tried so far:

- reinstalling from zip installer and normal installer

- running application in Compatibility Mode

- installing in other location and running from there

- smashing my head on the keyboard

- doing all windows updates

* Proud user of FMRTE since Fm15

Can you help me a bit on getting this working, please?

Hi

Sorry you have issues

couple of things as highlighted- Nothing with "FM" is running also

you need the game RUNNING for FMRTE to load it as I am sure you are aware but that would be a seperate matter your issue is the App not starting

can you read this below as when you say Compatibility Mode do you mean running FMRTE as administrator ?

so run as suggested if no joy try the tips and report back

cheers

I've tried both with FM running and not. Of course, the load game would work only without FM running.

Tried both "Run as Administrator" and in Compatibility mode with all types of OS from the menu.

I tried all the tips from your post, nothing worked :(

I found the issue and the way to solve it. For those that happen to stumble upon the same error, I'll leave a description bellow.

KB5013943 update breaks .NET  applications. FMRTE uses .NET Framework 3.5 I think. In May 2022 introduced Windows 11 KB5013943 cumulative update.

In order to fix it, you can remove KB5013943 , which I do not recommend because it will leave your device unprotected.

Since I cannot paste code here, here is the link I followed to solve it :

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-11-kb5013943-update-causes-0xc0000135-application-errors/