FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Double players

rieder169

What bugs/issues did you encounter: When editing players, sometimes the players is automatically doubled. The player has the same ID, but is twice in the lineup and twice in FMRTE.

What is your FM version: current version 17.3.1 

What is your FMRTE version: 17.3.1.17 I have used the update feature says I am using the current version

Which operating system are you using: Windows 10 pro windows update set to automatic

Attach any FMRTE error logs:( No error log, as the game is working. Another example of the bug is when a player is sold to another club because of the board and you cant do anything about it. Then i move the player back to the club, and the player is now doubled. This have happen'd 2 times, whereas the attached photo is from a normal player who has never left the club. 

Also 2 players are now missing totally. I can search for them, but not use them in my lineup. 

Udklip.PNG

• Like 3

2e04738ff7e81d7c30cd16b912df6ee2.png

Can you also try running  the game using its normal DB (so on game set up do not enable any edited files not even real name fixes etc leave them unchecked as per the screenshot). Then try and use FMRTE to see if the issue still persists.

Are you using any like-for-like software alongside FMRTE?:(example answer-yes the SI IGE)

Attach both of your before and after issue save files:(example answer- save game called march 2022 attached)

State the anti-virus software used at the time:(example answer- Norton 360)

Hello culturedleftfoot, 

Thank you for helping me.

Do you want me to try to create a new game and use the normal database? I dont see how this will help my current save, but i will do it, if that is what you ask for. Please let me know if i understood you correctly.

Are you using any like-for-like software alongside FMRTE?: No

Attach both of your before and after issue save files: Before save (current save) is found here as its size is 171.209KB. http://www.filedropper.com/frabunden

State the anti-virus software used at the time: Windows Defender and MalwareBytes

• Like 2

I think we are misunderstanding eachother.

I have now loaded a new game with the normal DB and NO edited files. Saved the game and closed. Then opened up my "old" save that i would like to fix and nothing have changed, unfortunately. 

I don't know what is causing the bug, and is doubling only some of the players i am editing via FMRTE. 

when you load the new save I want you to try to do the same thingusing FMRTE to see if the bug shows again ie duplicate the player

this has nothing to do with your old save and cannot impact on it

cant be any clearer want to see if any edited file is causing this so want you to load a save with no edited files and do the same thing in FMRTE and report back

I understand. Thank you. 

I should have been clearer on what change/edit i did in FMRTE, as i dont know what it was. Next time the bug is displayed i will be more aware of what changes i did in FMRTE and perhaps make a new thread if i cant fix it with your suggestions.

Thank you for your patience and help!

Yes. I have started a team from scratch in the lowest english league. And when working my way through the leagues i got offers from bigger clubs whereas my board decided to handle some of the transfers. I couldn't cancel it, so instead i let it happen and used the function in FMRTE "Move to club".

Then player got back to my team, but couldn't be part of all my fixtures as the player was playing for U/18. (can't play 2 games in one day). 

To help with  your issue after you tried the above

can you try the tips outlined here as these help resolve many issues.

After trying them can you please report back and post in your thread if any point helped with your problem.

If none of these tips helped copy the tips 1-9 template below and paste in your thread with a yes/no answer  as soon as possible.

also remember with FMRTE back up file you should be able to just go back in your saved file to pre this issue.

Tips to try to resolve possible bugs

1.Run as administrator- to do this right click on the app and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

2.Download the current version/s-

FMRTE 17 for Windows 17.3.1 (Build 17)

iFMRTE 17 for macOs 17.3.1 (Build 17)

3.Reboot your system

4.Debug mode-  Open FMRTE Go to FMRTE Settings and enable 'DEBUGMode'

5.Clear cache- via your user AppData in Windows C:\Users\HEREYOUR USER DETAILS HERE \AppData\Roaming    and find FMRTE file.

For Mac https://macpaw.com/how-to/clear-cache-on-mac

6.Fresh install of fmrte 

7.Clear cache FM17(version being used)- 

-https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2017/84_how-to/89_pc/how-to-delete-my-cache-folder-pc-r208/

https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2017/84_how-to/90_mac/how-to-delete-my-cache-folder-mac-r201/

8.Verify game integrity FM17(version being used

Restart your computer and launch Steam.

From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.

Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.

Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

9.Fresh install FM17(version being used)

NB clearing the cache can result in your preferences being reset to default so back up those settings prior to trying this. Also make a note of your FMRTE license(details can be found in your client area) should you have to enter it again. 

We recommend you always back up your saved game and any other files you want to prior to trying these tips

Please copy the below template and post in your thread answer yes/no to the questions

1.Run FMRTE as administrator- yes/no

2.Dowload current version- yes/no

3.Reboot system- yes/no

4.Debug mode- yes/no

5.Clear cache FMRTE -yes/no

6.Fresh install fmrte-yes/no

7.Clear cache FM17(version being used)- yes/no

8.Verify game integrity FM17(version being used)- yes/no

9.Fresh install FM17(version being used) -yes/no