FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Players training Focus Problem?.

bluesjunior

I tried to clone a 16yr old with CA98& PA198 with 89.6% potential I had unsuccessfully attempted to buy from Real Madrid. The cloning didn't work so instead I swapped him with one of the no hopers from my youth team. This worked okay, he is playing very well in my youth team, he has a green upward pointing arrow in the Individual Training screen but his focus training boxes are both greyed out with no focus set nor able to be set. I have tried various solutions to get this working but cannot see anything obvious either in the FM15 screen or in the players screen in FMRTE. All the other youth players have a working focus option just not the player that I copied. Does anyone have any idea on how to rectify this?.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply, where do I find the XML file?. Excuse my ignorance but I am 65 and didn't grow up with computers although I can certainly follow a walkthrough.

You can find the export button on the FMRTE player screen.. CHOOSE export ... NOT Export CSV

Thanks again for the reply. Not sure what has happened here but I went to follow your instructions but both Real Madrid and myself Liverpool have exactly the same player. I attempted export/import procedure but it didn't help. I then clicked on the player in the Real Madrid youth team and clicked on the end contract icon on the right hand side. After I did this I restarted FMRTE and on checking found that I had released all the Real Madrid Under 19's except the player in question. I can change his details/contract etc on the player screen but everything I do to him in my team happens in the player in the Real Madrid team and reverts to previous data on reboot of FMRTE. It seems that there is only the one player but he is in both Real Madrid and Liverpool at the same time. I cannot set his training or anything other than move him between my squads. Can you tell me how to repair whatever it is that has happened. It is my own fault but maybe there is a workround?.

The first thing you should do is to swap back him to Madrid, and then go to FMRTE and load him up then --> Export ---> Save

And then load up your own player then --> Import --> Then choose the player file you exported in last step, and then you have your own copy of that player.. See if that helps