FM24 -Real Fixtures and Results for up to 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Retire Players

On 6/22/2023 at 1:46 AM, 0527 said:

@culturedleftfoot

I have an opposite question, How can retire players through mass edit? or Is there anyway to retire many players at once?

I have been trying through presets but that way is not working.

Hi mate I have merged this post for you

As said in PM you need to provide all the information required -you are tagged into a thread

show what preset you have been trying-post a screenshot, what isnt working?

11 hours ago, 0527 said:

image.png.c7d21ce4abe7b055c1c743cc286a9932.png

I have been using this preset with different dates & same dates in "RetireDate.StartDate" & RetireDate.Date", But no luck
I applied this preset in mass edit as well but no luck.
What can i do to retire players?

you have the dates wrong way around

day/month/year

any further issues post all the information required first

ec614c0288e7e570ac05cc07fb6d1fca.png

• Like 1

FM version: 23.5.0

FMRTE version: 23.5 (Build 25)

FMRTE as administrator- state YES

I am from Sweden; here you write the date this way so FMRTE automatically writes the date this way & Usually you choose date by clicking on that calender icon

8 minutes ago, 0527 said:

I choose the worst injury & added for 4 years but no one announced retirement YET (Maybe they do at the end of the season) & Presets above arent working, I have even changed the date format. 
Does that preset work for you? @culturedleftfoot

Few points

I had stated here about no announcement

why are you waiting 4 years make the retirement a few days just to test

I have no idea why adding an injury helps here?

I have tried the preset and it worked to an extent, in a list of 50 people 45 changed to the desired date 5 didnt, but I did those 5 again and it worked

as said earlier if you are still getting issues after trying fixes report as a bug

cheers

2 minutes ago, culturedleftfoot said:

Few points

why wait 4 years make the retirement a few days just to test

I have no idea why adding an injury helps here?

I have tried the preset and it worked to an extent, in a list of 50 people 45 changed to the desired date 5 didnt, but I did those 5 again and it worked

as said earlier if you are still getting issues after trying fixes report as a bug

cheers

I am adding injury (1840 days) because they maybe retire faster -  & their attributes will drop fall faster because they are injured, hence they simply retire.😅
But it will try it again then i can report it as a bug

ok I can see that interesting idea but will take sometime to play out

one tip I used to do before we had the option to edit the retire date option,was to make a player old, have a PM with him saying he would make a good coach etc..edit his end contract to be imminent and he usually announced he would be retiring as a player within a day or 2

there are a few workarounds if needed really, but report as a bug if you are not happy with the preset

cheers 

image.thumb.png.be3039c5fcfdc43cc9060a8ff3f4260e.png

@culturedleftfoot

My experiment was a partially a success, but it takes time for them to retire because i added an injury manually so it takes time for attributes to adjust after adding injury, They will announce retire eventually after 1-2 months. Most of them will retire at end or at the start of a new season.
I will try to add longer injuries, maybe we can speed up the proces even more.