FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Relation between RCA and CA - Ask Questions here

griffferg

Hi,

I don't really understand the RCA. 

If my player's RCA is lower than his CA, if I match it will it edit his attributes?

Am hoping I can get my player even better by reducing the CA to the RCA. Please let me know!

Thanks so much!!!

Edited by awais0527

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

Could anyone please clarify the relation between RCA and CA?

I'm running into situations where I match the CA with the RCA (after I edited some of the stats) and within an in-game month, most of the player stats drop in game. As a result, the shown RCA is actually lower than the CA. This difference between these two is different for each player, For some players this can be zero (meaning the stats don't drop after editing them) and for some players it can be up to 10 (See images down below).  

Would this be caused by the fact that the RCA is not calculated / shown correctly?

Additionally, I don't think checking the "match CA with RCA" changes anything with this problem.

Example explanation (images):

- Player stats were edited to have a RCA of 149. I matched the CA with it by manually entering it. 

- Player stats dropped after a bit of in-game time and FMRTE now shows a RCA of 139.

- If I try editing it again, same thing keeps happening. For this player, the difference seems to be reverting to 10.

Any additional information or a solution for this would be a massive help for me.

Additionally, if this turns out to be a bug, it could help improve the program.

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Game version: FM 22.2.0.0

FMRTE version: FMRTE 22 Build 16

fmrte1.PNG.779b16ecd3eadcf496914bb7fc7755c1.PNG

image.png.0b71d1bfdbfbc5d496bf6bfe7ae2936d.png

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, culturedleftfoot said:

Hi

A few points are you running app as suggested?

secondly have you increased the PA too

have you tried using the freezer option to keep attributes from regressing 

What exactly do you mean by running app as suggested?

In this case the PA stays the same (200, max for this player) during editing.

I have not tried the freezer option, but I don't think I want to, as I want my players to grow somewhat naturally during the carreer. I just want to know why this is happening and possibly solve / work-around it, in case I do want to edit some of my players, or new players. 

3 minutes ago, Mark Janssen said:

What exactly do you mean by running app as suggested?

In this case the PA stays the same (200, max for this player) during editing.

I have not tried the freezer option, but I don't think I want to, as I want my players to grow somewhat naturally during the carreer. I just want to know why this is happening and possibly solve / work-around it, in case I do want to edit some of my players, or new players. 

Hi @Mark Janssen

Regarding your opening post just to be clear has the attributes you edited dropped or is it just the CA ? as I take it they havent it is just the CA 

if this is the case report as a bug- copy and paste your initial post just cover the fact that the attributes are unchanged from using the RCA

as said earlier in thread if you want to have a workaround - fixed  CA etc you need to use the freezer option-[this gives you the option to allow selected attributes to  be fixed/not fixed it is a users choice what you pick]

without using the freezer CA for all players/staff  in game obviously go up and down due to various factors [age being the main one] as they should, they cant keep going up everyone regresses so the CA will reflect that,[but the attributes would also drop and the CA would drop accordingly over time, but here if I understand you correctly this is happening rapidly so that seems to be a bug]  the PA  should stay fixed no matter what 

16 hours ago, culturedleftfoot said:

Hi @Mark Janssen

Regarding your opening post just to be clear has the attributes you edited dropped or is it just the CA ? as I take it they havent it is just the CA 

if this is the case report as a bug- copy and paste your initial post just cover the fact that the attributes are unchanged from using the RCA

as said earlier in thread if you want to have a workaround - fixed  CA etc you need to use the freezer option-[this gives you the option to allow selected attributes to  be fixed/not fixed it is a users choice what you pick]

without using the freezer CA for all players/staff  in game obviously go up and down due to various factors [age being the main one] as they should, they cant keep going up everyone regresses so the CA will reflect that,[but the attributes would also drop and the CA would drop accordingly over time, but here if I understand you correctly this is happening rapidly so that seems to be a bug]  the PA  should stay fixed no matter what 

The attributes I edited dropped back after a bit of in game time, after I matched the CA with the RCA that was given to me by editing the attributes. The steps are explained in the original post. So to me it seems that there is difference between the CA and RCA for some players that will stay the same, and as a result will downgrade the player when the RCA and CA are set the same. To me the most logical explanation would be that the RCA is wrongly calculated.

As I mentioned earlier, I have no interest in freezing player stats. I want my players to grow over time. But I would like to have an explanation/solution for why my player gets downgraded after editing, to comply with a difference (between CA and RCA) that has to be present for some players. I can work around it, but I just want to know why my players just seem to get "worse" after the attribute editing and matching the CA with the RCA. It feels like the player, as a result, is worse than he could've/should've actually been. (This might not actually be the case though, just a mental thing).

On 12/28/2021 at 10:39 AM, Mark Janssen said:

you didnt sate initially that the attributes were dropping- if the attributes are dropping then obviously the CA will too 

so that explains that 

workaround -use the freezer option[its your choice if you dont]

you state you want  the players to grow somewhat naturally - you have edited their attributes that is not natural progression

if you think there is a bug report it but please try the freezer option to see if it addresses the issue

cheers

23 minutes ago, culturedleftfoot said:

you didnt sate initially that the attributes were dropping- if the attributes are dropping then obviously the CA will too 

so that explains that 

workaround -use the freezer option[its your choice if you dont]

you state you want  the players to grow somewhat naturally - you have edited their attributes that is not natural progression

if you think there is a bug report it 

cheers

I did mention it: "Player stats dropped after a bit of in-game time and FMRTE now shows a RCA of 139" here stats = attributes.

The fact that attributes drop with CA is logical, and not the point of this forum post. 

I want natural progression from a starting set of attrbutes/CA. So in this case the player was edited to be 149 in CA (139 according to RCA) and grow them to their set potential.

I don't think you fully grasp what I am trying to say, but I will try and make a bug report out of it and see what happens with it.

Thanks anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

what (I believe) is happening here is that the RCA as calculated by FMRTE does not take secondary positions into account, while in the ingame RCA theyre worth quite a few points. so the more secondary positions a player is capable of playing, the more inaccurate the FMRTE estimate will be. Say you have a CB with a 1 rating for every other position, 140 RCA in FMRTE will be accurate. take the same player but make it so he has a 16 as a DM and 16 as a RB as well, FMRTE will still show that he has 140 RCA, but the actual ingame value could be as high as 160. the game doesn't reduce positional ability when it lowers your attributes to match the RCA so it will cut your regular attributes by even more

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 3:20 AM, Tanner Beruh said:

what (I believe) is happening here is that the RCA as calculated by FMRTE does not take secondary positions into account, while in the ingame RCA theyre worth quite a few points. so the more secondary positions a player is capable of playing, the more inaccurate the FMRTE estimate will be. Say you have a CB with a 1 rating for every other position, 140 RCA in FMRTE will be accurate. take the same player but make it so he has a 16 as a DM and 16 as a RB as well, FMRTE will still show that he has 140 RCA, but the actual ingame value could be as high as 160. the game doesn't reduce positional ability when it lowers your attributes to match the RCA so it will cut your regular attributes by even more

Yeah this is what I was thinking as well. In addition to secondary positions, I think personality, traits and weaker foot (?) could be causes well. But I'm not sure if those are currently accounted for in the RCA or even should be at all (?).

On 1/11/2022 at 12:08 AM, Mark Janssen said:

Yeah this is what I was thinking as well. In addition to secondary positions, I think personality, traits and weaker foot (?) could be causes well. But I'm not sure if those are currently accounted for in the RCA or even should be at all (?).

traits correctly don't factor in to RCA (nor natural fitness, aggression, flair, determination), weak foot does factor in and the FMRTE value is correct and in line with FM22

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...