FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Increase number of staff for Reserves and Under 18s

ashleytanny17

Nope, it is not possible.

I solve this problem by moving the 17 year olds into the 1st team and having 14 year olds comming into the club every year (hey you can edit the birthday of players too).
That way I move them to the U19 when they are 15ish and into the first team at their 17th birthday.
I sell every player, when he becomes 24/25 since they are fully developed then anyway.

With perfect staff your players gain about 20-30 CA points every year (as long as they are young enough)

18 minutes ago, Aduasen said:

I solve this problem by moving the 17 year olds into the 1st team and having 14 year olds coming into the club every year (hey you can edit the birthday of players too).
That way I move them to the U19 when they are 15ish and into the first team at their 17th birthday.
I sell every player, when he becomes 24/25 since they are fully developed then anyway.

What about unhappy players? Also, how do you manage a large squad?

Easy.
When you set every contract on 'leaves at end of contract' there are no unhappy players :)
I recognized that a few years ago.

Oh and I do NOT have large squads.
The guys who are about 18 and will not make it into the regular squad anyway are sold (and they are wanted since they have a pretty high potential - I just have to keep an eye to lower the values after they've been sold 😛 ).
A nice way to lead all statistics regarding how many players are developed of your club after a few seasons :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aduasen said:

Easy.
When you set every contract on 'leaves at end of contract' there are no unhappy players :)

The guys who are about 18 and will not make it into the regular squad anyway are sold (and they are wanted since they have a pretty high potential - I just have to keep an eye to lower the values after they've been sold 😛 ).
A nice way to lead all statistics regarding how many players are developed of your club after a few seasons :)

I know about the 'Leaves at end of contract' tickbox which does not produce unhappy players.

I had a feeling that you would have to sell players to maintain a certain quantity.  I assume high potential means high PA? Your statistics must be exceptional since you sell them all at a profit.  I assume one of the your club's vision's requirements is to sell players at a profit?

9 hours ago, Aduasen said:

Easy.

yes that is a good tip even if the player has a long contract that seems to work well

as regards @ashleytanny17 question it doesnt seem like the Devs could add that option to FM21 you can increase staff but only for the first team its a shame as that was a good feature 

• Like 1