FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Windows FMRTE resource usage issues

gbett

Hello! I'm having some issues with FMRTE's continuous CPU usage along with its interaction with my antivirus(CPU usage shown here with some labels).

What is your FM version: FM 21.4.0

What is your FMRTE version: 21.4.0 Build 37

Are you running FMRTE as administratorYes

Issue #1: Bitdefender antivirus. When I have FMRTE running and with a game loaded, it uses ~5% of CPU every few seconds (presumably checking database or something?). At precisely the same time and only when FMRTE is running, my antivirus also uses the same amount of CPU. I was able to solve this by adding the .exe to exceptions for "Advanced Threat Detection," but it's something that might be looking into at some point? 

Issue #2: The bigger issue that I have is with that idle CPU usage; using 5-7% CPU usage at idle seems pretty useless. FM21 is very low-cost at idle, so I usually leave it open in the background (<1% CPU usage) whereas FMRTE uses half to a third of the CPU usage that it uses for a filter/mass edit at idle. I understand that this is probably in order to keep the database up to date, but it seems very inefficient considering the game hasn't been touched in hours, and I would prefer to be able to keep FMRTE open without adding ~5 degrees to my idle temps. It also runs just fine immediately after being suspended via resource monitor, so I struggle to see the necessity of the constant usage and/or not having a pause/do calculations on interaction option.

I use Comodo Internet Security and never had any issues with FMRTE.  Maybe try a different anti-virus? You can use both FM and FMRTE in offline mode so having your internet connection on is not necessary so in turn keeping your anti-virus in operation is not necessary too.  Just a thought.

Do any of your other software applications suffer too?

• Like 1