FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Freeze players and their status

Coko23

• 2 months later...
On 5/10/2021 at 12:29 AM, culturedleftfoot said:

go to settings-

use freezer settings to set up what is 'frozen' and what isnt then savein app

11c90cae25eb34f1d5133f5a83519ffe.png

Hello there. Maybe you can answer some related questions for me. 

The first thing I do whenever I play a sports game is go into the editor and change the superstars ages to 20. So that they have their entire career ahead of them and are around longer to play with and against. 

I was starting to do just that when I saw the freezer option.

To explain. I have fm19 and fmrte19. But I have to admit I'm one of those ea fm simpeltons. I like to see and build up the club buildings, have private life options and most of all, have a general number between 1-100 to represent how good a player is. Sue me.

So when I got this game first I choose the richest club for a quick test. With the available budget I selected some players like Messi, debruyne and even created a maxed out player and started a Season. But after a few short months I noticed that players had lost significant amounts of attribute points. That completely turned me off the game because of how unrealistic it was to have these big drops in such a short amount of time when the player is perfectly healthy.

Some time later I made another attempt and got fmrte to counter balance this effect should it happen again. And that is where the freezer option becomes very interesting.

But it's not explained in fmrte (considering the program costs money there should be a manual explaining every detail, really), so I'm not entirely sure how it works.

I know that the freezer button in the information pages for players and staff adds them to the freezer list page. But does that work in conjunction with the freezer settings (the one in the screenshot you posted)?

Oh and by the way. Which side in these means "will be frozen" and "will not be frozen". Because in fmrte it says "attributes" and "attributes to be ignored". In a way I can twist my thinking so that "will be frozen" could apply to either side.

I need to know so I can set my freezer options up in a way that only the playing/mental attributes get frozen, allowing players to still age and have changes in morale and fitness. Combined with the option for frozen attributes to increase that sounds like a perfect fit for my needs and fix for the problem I encountered when playing first.

Is there any quick way to apply this to every player in the game? To put them all quickly on the freezer page. 

I saw under general in the options to freeze every player when starting fmrte. Is that it or does it just freeze them while in the process of editing and unfreezes them when you close it.

Sorry for the length of this. It's what I do. Hope you have answers.  

7 hours ago, Feanor_ said:

I know that the freezer button in the information pages for players and staff adds them to the freezer list page. But does that work in conjunction with the freezer settings (the one in the screenshot you posted)?

That is correct.  They are interlinked.  As it is shown in the picture, you can set different player values to increase, remain or decrease to your specification.

Oh and by the way. Which side in these means "will be frozen" and "will not be frozen". Because in fmrte it says "attributes" and "attributes to be ignored". In a way I can twist my thinking so that "will be frozen" could apply to either side.

Under the 'Attributes' WILL NOT be frozen and under the 'Attributes to ignore' WILL be frozen.  Making will be frozen on both side requires a source code change.  Only the developers can do that.  The way it is now is OK.

I need to know so I can set my freezer options up in a way that only the playing/mental attributes get frozen, allowing players to still age and have changes in morale and fitness. Combined with the option for frozen attributes to increase that sounds like a perfect fit for my needs and fix for the problem I encountered when playing first.

Is there any quick way to apply this to every player in the game? To put them all quickly on the freezer page. 

I saw under general in the options to freeze every player when starting fmrte. Is that it or does it just freeze them while in the process of editing and unfreezes them when you close it.

Although I have not frozen players for a while as it is not realistic, I am sure you can select multiple players and apply the freeze.  When I did freezing, it was only for one player.  The option to freeze when FMRTE starts is what you do to keep the players frozen.  The game and your save HAS to be loaded in FM before you can open FMRTE to load your save to apply the freeze.

There is an FMRTE guide which is covers the various features and functions in FMRTE.  You can find a link to it in my signature.

• Like 2

not having FM 19 on my PC anymore I am unsure if there there has been any changes to the freezer settings in 21 version[I doubt it] but  the answers given should assist you it is a feature I have experimented with to see how it works[and I suggest having a play around to see what suite your needs] but I do not use personally if and when I ever get around to starting a save game😉

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. That is great. Sure, freezing players ain't realistic. But I figure if I freeze them all so that they can never get worse but only improve, the overall competitive balance won't really change. And since not all the players even have the potential to become a max player, you won't have them on every team. Some might not even max out their potential, since I assume at certain ages development slows/stops.

But I can understand how this might not be appealing to anyone. But for me, for a first run with the game it's a Great help.

I'm a stats man anyway. Not a purist that loves training and all that stuff. I wanna play 20 seasons and then pour over the stats of the big leagues and see what happened in that time.

But you two helped me immensly. I could've figured it out myself through trial and error. But who wants to do that when you already have to edit all these players before you can even start playing.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 9:59 PM, GREYFOX said:

Under the 'Attributes' WILL NOT be frozen and under the 'Attributes to ignore' WILL be frozen.  Making will be frozen on both side requires a source code change.  Only the developers can do that.  The way it is now is OK.

Although the freezer is still somewhat strange. Partly because the freezer settings use attribute as an overall term as well as attributes that players have. Using 'data' as the overall term would've been less confusing. Since things like 'first name's, 'city of birth etc are not attributes.

Plus why are some of these things even in there. The city of birth and others are not gonna change whether you freeze them or not.

And since you said that everything under "attributes" are the things that will not be frozen, and only the stuff under "attributes to ignore" will. Since by default everything is set to be under the "attribute", doesn't that mean that when you actually add a player to be frozen under default settings, nothing will be actually frozen with that player. Since nothing is set up to be. 

I'll try it like this. Set gk/mental/ physical/hidden/technical/personality attributes and maybe .ca & pa on the "attributes to ignore" side, so that those get frozen.

Turn on 'attributes can increase' so that they can go up but never down.

Turn on 'freeze players when fmrte starts.

And them mass edit freeze all players and staff.

And repeat the mass freeze every year to add new people

Hope that does the trick

On 8/7/2021 at 10:50 PM, culturedleftfoot said:

as regards mass freezing - yes that is feasible read FAQ I put up re presets and mass editing same principle applies- you can freeze several/all as you wish

select all players in a displayed list and then right click on mouse  select freeze

25823db3e4833ab641dd80ea06b40ee0.png

Think that's different in your fmrte21 version to my 19 version. Went to the same page you were on in the screenshot. The options I have on the right are different, although 'select all, 'freeze selected & 'unfreeze selected are there. But there is no option to freeze or unfreeze on right click.

And that options panel is not there on the search filter. So no way to have a blank search that shows every player and freezing them when selected.

Thought that might be a preset you created but I saw no freeze in the preset manager in the options to create a custom one.

It might be it looks different for me because I have "freeze players when fmrte starts" but I doubt it since I haven't even restated the programme since I activated it, so it shouldn't be in effect.

Hopefully that option might freeze everyone on their own. If not I might have to settle for just freezing some players.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd post an update for those poor souls like myself that are interested in these settings/style of play, that play this version of the game (and that version of fmrte) because they don't wanna pay full game prices to get every new version of a game, when it's hardly different from the previous version.

Anyway. I set fmrte up as previously detailed and created my club. After doing my transfers and putting mine and a lot of other players on the freezer list, I started out my season until some development graphs appeared for some of my players. And I noticed some attributes were going down. For the most part only by like 0.2 or so, but some even lost full points. My oldest guy lost 3 points in bravery in one month.

Sadly it took me until that point to finally have the idea to freeze a players age. I had one that had his 24th birthday coming up so I tried every which way in the settings to freeze his age. But every time he turned 24.

So I have to conclude that the freezer does not work, sadly.

Bit stomped now since I like to have mostly young players under 25 and bring up youth players and see them grow over time. And if the freezer doesn't work as I hoped and players lose attributes that fast and easily, that approach doesn't work.

Maybe I'll have to switch to only getting finished players that wouldn't develop anyway.

To clarify. Fmrte works for me otherwise. Changing attributes, birthdays, relations, money, swapping players. I could edit anything and that worked. Hopefully it might be different for other people on their version.

On a side note. While making players younger works, those players still retire from international football as if they had the default age. You can edit that out of their relations when it happens.

Why when i freeze attributes of some players in some moment later atributes are changing to lower? Its not working properly like in older fmrte(16 or 17).

I bought FM 2020 and FMRTE 20 and i froozed some players and moment later theirs skills changed themselves.

B

16 hours ago, Rabiq said:

Why when i freeze attributes of some players in some moment later atributes are changing to lower? Its not working properly like in older fmrte(16 or 17).

I bought FM 2020 and FMRTE 20 and i froozed some players and moment later theirs skills changed themselves.

Upload your Freezer settings screenshot?

On 8/23/2021 at 11:02 AM, Feanor_ said:

Sadly it took me until that point to finally have the idea to freeze a players age. I had one that had his 24th birthday coming up so I tried every which way in the settings to freeze his age. But every time he turned 24.

So I have to conclude that the freezer does not work, sadly.

Bit stomped now since I like to have mostly young players under 25 and bring up youth players and see them grow over time. And if the freezer doesn't work as I hoped and players lose attributes that fast and easily, that approach doesn't work.

Maybe I'll have to switch to only getting finished players that wouldn't develop anyway.

First thing, If you have "Attributes can increase -ON" Then you cant freeze age, if will continue increasing. If you want players at stay at certain age you should make a seperate Preset with their unique ID and you should run once every year in game.

All the attibutes under "Attributes to ignore" - They wont stay frozen, they will decrease and increase
All the attributes under "Attributes" will stay frozen if "Attributes can increase if - OFF". if "Attributes can increase is - ON" attributes will increase but wont decrease.

Which attributes are you trying to freeze? If you want to develop players there is other way through FMRTE.

Freezer is working fine , but could be improved with other options

One thing you should understand that players will continue train and arrows will appear in game even if they are frozen, That is their natural development.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 10:31 PM, Feanor_ said:

I'll try it like this. Set gk/mental/ physical/hidden/technical/personality attributes and maybe .ca & pa on the "attributes to ignore" side, so that those get frozen.

Turn on 'attributes can increase' so that they can go up but never down.

Turn on 'freeze players when fmrte starts.

And them mass edit freeze all players and staff.

And repeat the mass freeze every year to add new people

Hope that does the trick

You got it wrong here.

Add: GK/mental/ physical/hidden/technical/personality attributes and maybe .ca & pa on the "Attributes" - so they can stay frozen

• Like 1

Well when i said i tried the age freezing every which way, that means i tried it on either side with "attributes can increase" checked and also unchecked. Which is why i came to the conclusion that it's not Working. Only 4 possible settings to try there, which i all did and none did the trick.

I guess i'll try to Reverse my setting if you say i did it the exact opposite way.

On 8/7/2021 at 9:59 PM, GREYFOX said:

Under the 'Attributes' WILL NOT be frozen and under the 'Attributes to ignore' WILL be frozen. 

I set it up according to this. But he did say he hadn't used it in a while, so maybe he got it mixed up.

18 hours ago, awais0527 said:

Which attributes are you trying to freeze? If you want to develop players there is other way through FMRTE.

Actually just the attributes. Physical, technical, mental, hidden etc.

I also added pa & ca but only as an added measure. I don't think pa would actually ever change and when I freeze all the attributes (and assuming it works) then ca should technically also get frozen by proxy.

Although I don't want them to stay frozen. I want the 'attributes can increased option turned on so they can go up. I just don't want them to decrease.

The reason is that on checking the game out at first I noticed what I consider unrealistic decreases. When a player goes down 2 or 3 points in a single month that is a bit too much imo, considering attributes only go from 1 to 20 (or 0 to 20). 

So my hope was the freezer would make it so that at the very least this would not happen.

18 hours ago, awais0527 said:

Freezer is working fine , but could be improved with other options

Well nothing is perfect I guess. Already mentioned that when I edit a players age from say 33 to 20 years, that player will still retire from national football as if he was still 'old' and not according to what his new in-game age. Noticed that when özil retired from the national team after I had made him 18 (and changed him into Thomas häßler because that is one of my all time favorites and i never liked özil to begin with). Saw the message that he retired, went into fmrte to delete the international retirement but he still hasn't played a single match for germany since. Not even on their youth squads.

And sadly there is no way in fmrte to deal with the players constant whining over first team playing time. I like to have every position filled twice by roughly equally good players and then rotate pretty much the entire squad every match. But due to starting in the lowest league and my second squad not having any league, i have no second squad yet to bring in players from when there is a lot of injuries happening. So i had to make my first team bigger than i normally would. They still get equal playing time, but i think it's making their complaining worse. So now i use fmrte to introduce short term injuries when too many of my players are available to play. Can't complain about playing time when a guy is out injured i figured. Hope that puts a stop to their whining, because it's getting on my nerves. But hey, even though fmrte can't deal with it directly, it does allow me to injure them to hopefully deal with it.

Thanks for your help btw

On 9/1/2021 at 5:45 PM, Feanor_ said:

And sadly there is no way in fmrte to deal with the players constant whining over first team playing time. I like to have every position filled twice by roughly equally good players and then rotate pretty much the entire squad every match. But due to starting in the lowest league and my second squad not having any league, i have no second squad yet to bring in players from when there is a lot of injuries happening. So i had to make my first team bigger than i normally would. They still get equal playing time, but i think it's making their complaining worse. So now i use fmrte to introduce short term injuries when too many of my players are available to play. Can't complain about playing time when a guy is out injured i figured. Hope that puts a stop to their whining, because it's getting on my nerves. But hey, even though fmrte can't deal with it directly, it does allow me to injure them to hopefully deal with it.

Thanks for your help btw

I have never tried what you just tried with Özil, so cant really help there but with age, Maybe there is different algorithm in game, Which doesnt come under normal attributes but hope that BraCa can crack that.

But i can help you with whinning players, You should not add injuries and stuff because that harms development.

What you can do to stop whinning is to:

1. Go to players profile ---> Contract ---> Clausules ---> add "Will leave club at end of contract" - This should stop their whinning and when you want to renew a contract , then just remove it, after they sign it, you can add this back. 
2. But this wont work if you have promised something, then you dont fulfill that promise then they will still get upset. Otherwise this stops them from deamanding new contracts every season and other unhappiness.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, awais0527 said:

What you can do to stop whinning is to:

1. Go to players profile ---> Contract ---> Clausules ---> add "Will leave club at end of contract" - This should stop their whinning and when you want to renew a contract , then just remove it, after they sign it, you can add this back. 

I see. That pretty much makes it as if a player had become so unhappy that they made up their mind that they wanna leave, so there is no reason to bitch about stuff anymore. Makes sense. Hadn't looked into what you can add under contracts, so I didn't even think about it in that way. Really neat trick, that one. Thx

48 minutes ago, Feanor_ said:

I see. That pretty much makes it as if a player had become so unhappy that they made up their mind that they wanna leave, so there is no reason to bitch about stuff anymore. Makes sense. Hadn't looked into what you can add under contracts, so I didn't even think about it in that way. Really neat trick, that one. Thx

Yes, That should do it! There is lots of other things you can do with FMRTE, just remember to backup your game. 

19 hours ago, awais0527 said:

Yes, That should do it! There is lots of other things you can do with FMRTE, just remember to backup your game. 

Guess that's just my luck. The things i looked at unfortunately couldn'tbbe done. Like Changing Player history/stats and biography. Kinda sucks when you make let's say  Messi 21 years old nur ingame it still lists all bis former seasons (and Clubs he played for if Messi hadn't been only at Barcelona since bis youth) and bis biography. Even if his changes age makes it impossible to have played 10 years ago in la Liga and won titles.

On the bright side that fact saved me a lot of editing time for all the players i threw into the fountain of youth.

One thing is kinda Strange. The "Leaves club at end of contract" thing is not added under transfer details where you can add stuff like "dislikes person for....", broken promises by manager. Kinda would've expected it to be there. Instead it's added via clauses. Which suggests it's a condition that you agreed on with the player when he made the contract, not something he decided on because of unhappiness.

Doesn't matter so long as it helps with their complains, but it's weird. Who in real life would ever put that clause in a players contract. Also, as you can't edit in clauses, the player already needs to have one that you can change into it.

17 hours ago, Feanor_ said:

Guess that's just my luck. The things i looked at unfortunately couldn'tbbe done. Like Changing Player history/stats and biography. Kinda sucks when you make let's say  Messi 21 years old nur ingame it still lists all bis former seasons (and Clubs he played for if Messi hadn't been only at Barcelona since bis youth) and bis biography. Even if his changes age makes it impossible to have played 10 years ago in la Liga and won titles.

One thing is kinda Strange. The "Leaves club at end of contract" thing is not added under transfer details where you can add stuff like "dislikes person for....", broken promises by manager. Kinda would've expected it to be there. Instead it's added via clauses. Which suggests it's a condition that you agreed on with the player when he made the contract, not something he decided on because of unhappiness.

Those suggestion should be provided by SI not through editor. Ex. If a player played for both Barcelona and Barcelona "B". He homegrown status should say "Formed at club: Barcelona" but i his profile you would find both Barcelona and Barcelona "B". These things should be handled by SI not BraCa. 

Same for "Will leave club at the end of contract" - This is in contracts because SI put it there in contracts. 

BraCa cant change games programming codes, He can just Edit visual stuff, that SI have allowed in their game. Hopes that BraCa can add more options in future but this is the best editor out there. 

Have you ever tried the ingame editor? It is the worse! 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 2:42 PM, awais0527 said:

Those suggestion should be provided by SI not through editor. Ex. If a player played for both Barcelona and Barcelona "B". He homegrown status should say "Formed at club: Barcelona" but i his profile you would find both Barcelona and Barcelona "B". These things should be handled by SI not BraCa. 

Same for "Will leave club at the end of contract" - This is in contracts because SI put it there in contracts. 

BraCa cant change games programming codes, He can just Edit visual stuff, that SI have allowed in their game. Hopes that BraCa can add more options in future but this is the best editor out there. 

Have you ever tried the ingame editor? It is the worse! 

This is the first version of SI's football manager I have played. And I have not tried their editor. Kinda feel when you pay for a game, especially when they have yearly versions at full price when there is little change from one version to the next, that the editor should be included in the game. As a customer I feel like I can expect that when they want 55 € for the game.

So when Im forced to pay for an editor anyway and I can choose between giving it to the developers or dedicated fans, I know who won't be getting my money. Greed shouldn't be rewarded if you ask me.