FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

RTE use in an online game? How do you know?

Krudley

Hi all,

I've recently started an online league with some friends. The in-game editor is disabled for the league.

I'm curious, if a host was to use a tool like RTE - would other players know? Would it inform me changes were made when I load up my game? Would it show that the editor was used in the game status? Does anybody know the answer to this?

At the moment it seems like a host could use RTE without anyone even knowing? Would I be correct in thinking that this is one of the reasons trust is essential in a league?

Kr,

AC

Update:

I ran a test online game with multiple profiles to see if it notified anyone and it didn't. It also did not switch the the editor used status to yes or show any amendments to the database.

Some of that makes sense to me - in-game editor used is triggered by use of the in-game editor (obviously) so an RTE isn't going to be trigger it. I also, through nature of it being a real-time editor would imagine that it's not making database changes but real-time data changes which I consider to be slightly different.

Logically, I can't see how the game would highlight use of the RTE to other people at the moment. Judging by the lack of response, I'm assuming that nobody knows the answer at the moment.

I'll leave it here and hopefully someone finds it someday and can clarify for sure.

AC

just for your info FMRTE is an IGE(in game editor) but it isnt the official IGE and thats what the game could be looking for? I dont know as I never have used an online game option.

Hopefully someone who does can update you, as I see it the host of the game sets up the option to allow/not allow use of the IGE, but as suggested IMO this is for the official SI IGE so it could be FMRTE can bypass this, I dont know for certain and only feedback can assist you 

cheers

• Like 2