FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Promote/Demote a club

KomradeWindex

3 hours ago, culturedleftfoot said:

I dont know about this version havent tried it

and going back to the OP editing the table wouldnt demote chelsea to league 1😉

best way is to it with pre game editor 

swap teams would be a great feature(if possible) to add to the app if users want it add it in suggestions forum

I know this isnt exactly the forum for it, but any idea how to do it on the pregame editor?

• 2 weeks later...

As culturedleftfoot says editing the league table can be risky after the season is over....from my experience once a team has been relegated, or qualifies for playoffs or gets promoted it becomes "hard coded" so even if you change the league position and modify the number of points if a team has an "R" next to them in the league table they're still getting relegated no matter what you do!

I've had incidents where i've literally shut down english football by modifying a league table after teams were hard coded as relegated. for example instead of 3 teams going down 4 went down and it basically killed two divisions.....whats strange is the rest of the football pyramid contineud as normal but the following season another league division was killed off and this continued until all the football league shut down. This included the FA cup etc...

So yep be very careful about modifying league tables and then you do it!

Personally I enjoy giving teams a -50 points figure at the start of the season and that usually sees them down without any problems! :) 

• Like 1

@David Rooney yes mate when I carried out a few tests on this editing a table towards the end of the season I was seeing up to 6 teams getting relegated/promoted your -point situation may well be the way to go I have done this with the pre game editor but not with FMRTE it would be interesting to see if it works correctly(it should do as no teams have been promoted/relegated already so one for users to test out)

46 minutes ago, culturedleftfoot said:

@David Rooney yes mate when I carried out a few tests on this editing a table towards the end of the season I was seeing up to 6 teams getting relegated/promoted your -point situation may well be the way to go I have done this with the pre game editor but not with FMRTE it would be interesting to see if it works correctly(it should do as no teams have been promoted/relegated already so one for users to test out)

Aye. I keep an eye on it a few games before the end of the season too and just make very small points deductions and then "destroy the team" on fmrte as well to get a team losing and then relegated which i want down haha. much safer!

• Like 1

@culturedleftfoot

I started a save with the 3rd tier Spanish team and obviously they don't have B team. After a few years, I reached the first tier and also now have a b team which is stuck in the tier just below the playable league in FM. Since I have already started the save and now deep in it I cannot go back and edit the database. Is it possible to somehow get the B team promoted to the lowest playable league using any editor? I have to do a save/reload on the promotion date, do you know the dates for the Spanish leagues? This has been a problem for me for the past 3 FMs because if you start in the lowest tier in any nation you are still going to be stuck with a B team in the non playable league.

So is it possible to do any kind of swap of the B team with another team in the lowest tier?

1 hour ago, Sriram Venkatesan said:

@culturedleftfoot

I started a save with the 3rd tier Spanish team and obviously they don't have B team. After a few years, I reached the first tier and also now have a b team which is stuck in the tier just below the playable league in FM. Since I have already started the save and now deep in it I cannot go back and edit the database. Is it possible to somehow get the B team promoted to the lowest playable league using any editor? I have to do a save/reload on the promotion date, do you know the dates for the Spanish leagues? This has been a problem for me for the past 3 FMs because if you start in the lowest tier in any nation you are still going to be stuck with a B team in the non playable league.

So is it possible to do any kind of swap of the B team with another team in the lowest tier?

not possible in a saved game 

pre game editor it should be possible as long as rules for the comp allow B teams to get promoted etc

if not you can edit them to allow B teams to do so 

re the date the league resets just load up the editor advanced rules look under nation it will show there IIRC its early July for Spain

and FYI either activate the lower leagues yourself or use a third party Mod that allows lower league game play 😉