FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

How to 'force' players to become a coach or other staff after retirement?

刘浩斐

Is there any way to 'force' a player to become a coach after retirement? I have tried many times in the game but David Silva refuse to do any stuff job after retirement, as well as Sergio Aguero. In FM19, I remember that David Silva would like to be a coach after retirement and Sergio Aguero finally agree to be a coach after I askes him a few times in 2023 approximately.

1 hour ago, GREYFOX said:

Maybe increasing his Professionalism and Ambition will work? Try Temperament too.  You can recommend a staff role in his Interaction page, providing the option is there.

Yeah I know that I can  recommend a staff role in his Interaction page, and actually I have tried all of those stuff roles but none of them works. But I haven't check his Professionalism and Ambition yet, I will try it later. Hopefully it will work. Thank you.

if he doesnt want a job at this stage not a lot you can do.....only way in theory would be pre game(no use to you in a save) and setting up in career plans for player/s to want to be a coach etc in future this way they wont fully retire and will stay as a non player in the DB

he should in theory take a non playing job IF he wants to work for you/your club -so in relation tab I would make sure he likes you/club

As Grey says that interaction is the way to go as I have seen by doing this after a chat the play will announce he will retire from playing and have a non player or player/non player status thus allowing the option to offer a contract/staff job

https://i.gyazo.com/d6ec6e541a71b9ffeb42869be9d192e3.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, culturedleftfoot said:

if he doesnt want a job at this stage not a lot you can do.....only way in theory would be pre game(no use to you in a save) and setting up in career plans for player/s to want to be a coach etc in future this way they wont fully retire and will stay as a non player in the DB

he should in theory take a non playing job IF he wants to work for you/your club -so in relation tab I would make sure he likes you/club

As Grey says that interaction is the way to go as I have seen by doing this after a chat the play will announce he will retire from playing and have a non player or player/non player status thus allowing the option to offer a contract/staff job

https://i.gyazo.com/d6ec6e541a71b9ffeb42869be9d192e3.png

Wow, sounds complicated because I don't know how to use that Editor even though I haved tried for many times. But anyway, thanks a lot. At least I know there is another way to do it.

this is something I have asked for before as a feature request either be able to have the career plan option and/or also be able to change the person type too from player to/non player etc 

I have tried to use your screen shot as a guide to learn how to add a 'want to be a coach' condition, and I did it. But I don't know how to find David Silva in Database. I goes to Database on the left, and goes to people, add condition of 'club - contains - man city', but there is no results.... I would be super appreciated if you further tell me how to open up David Silva's profile in Database.

this is something I have asked for before as a feature request either be able to have the career plan option and/or also be able to change the person type too from player to/non player etc 

Well, I found that I made a big mistake just one minute after I send the lasst post lol. I should not search for club in people lol. But anyway, thanks for that screenshot, it helps a lot.

• Like 1

• greyfox changed the title to How to 'force' players to become a coach or other staff after retirement?