FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

FMRTE20 - Cant edit contract expiration date

Emir Hüseyin Karabaş

I was able to edit contract expiration dates with FMRTE20 but it stopped working.

When i made a change of a contracts expiration date, 1 day later players contracts is finishing and leaving from the club.

If the person is a staff, nothing happening, expiration date just remaining same in game. What can i do to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @culturedleftfoot!

What is your FM version: 20.4.1-1363262(m.e v2040)

What is your FMRTE version: FMRTE 20.4.1 (build 35) 

Are you Beta testing for S.I. No

Are you running FMRTE as administratorYES

First off, I've checked the forum and suggested reading and there hasn't been an answer for this as far as I can see. From the forum linked above, I will attempt to give as much detail as possible regarding my issue.

Apologies, there's going to be 7 screenshots in this post.

Basically, my issue is that when I try to give one of my amateur/non contract players a part-time or full-time contract using FMRTE, when I set the expiry date, it automatically reverts to 1900 as the expiry year and gives them a month-to-month contract.

In my case, I'm using an edited database so I can control clubs down to tier 10 of English football. I thought that may have been the issue, so I tested it out on a team from the main game that are semi-professional, Chorley. This is what I have...

So I tried to change one of my players from an amateur contract [1.png] to a part time contract [2.png] (My team is already set to professional status) and when I saved within FMRTE and advanced the game a day my player was on a part time month to month contract with an expired contract [3.png] and can be seen when I refreshed FMRTE [2a.png].

1.PNG

1.png

2.PNG

2.png

2a.PNG

2a.png

3.PNG

3.png

Thinking that the issue was to do with the edited database, I tried it with a club from the FM20 original database, Chorley. Semi-professional club in the Vanarama National League North. I chose Brian McManus who was on a non-contract with Chorley [4.png]. I did the same as above [5.png, 6.png, 7.png, 7a.png] and got the exact same result. 

4.PNG

4.png

5.PNG

5.png

6.PNG

6.png

7.PNG

7.png

7a.PNG

7a.png

Is there a reason why the contract expiry date defaults back to 1900? I've noted that if a player has been signed by another team on a part-time contract and you do a club swap or move to club, the contract remains in place and that can be edited successfully.

Hopefully that's enough information to do some troubleshooting on the matter, as from my searches around the forum, it is an issue for a number of people.

Cheers for your help,

Colbarr.

Edited by colbarr
Better readability.
  • Like 2

Hi @colbarr

Thanks for your post above that is a textbook post very refreshing indeed mate.

Sorry you have this issue I am about to look at a couple of issues in FMRTE  I will take a look at this too.

just one question with these clubs what status do they have eg amateur/semi pro etc? that may have a bearing on the contracts and are they in playable leagues in your save(I think you said you are using an edited file so I assume they are)

• Like 1

My club, Cheddar, has a professional setting. In-game they upgraded from amateur to semi-professional and I had the same issues so I changed them to professional using FMRTE in the hopes that would help. 

Chorley are set at semi-professional and were not altered using FMRTE. 

I recall reading somewhere that certain clubs are tagged in the FM database in some way that prevents them from offering part time and full contracts. Maybe that's the issue?

Hi

Right a quick look and I am not getting any issues re Chorley I didnt even change them from semi pro when I changed contract to full time (I edited the wage budget finances slightly just in case this was a club vision situation with the board blocking it)

changed contract to full time and moved game forward

566f4c51d00fc1497c2d658919a587a4.png

4c4759e8e94e50d41b3a1727a5f88d2f.jpg

0f750cf734e3b0c63b5069703d6da13a.jpg

Tried it on this guy and found same issue as you have

8acdd779381fca5316733a69ac02dc22.png

52a1242f6785bc3f349a99a841ec4c8a.png

13bf5903d60cda6ecdef6bafaacc31bd.png

this looks like a bug so please report when free on the bugs forum just copy your original post to save time and tag me into the thread and let the Devs know I have tested and found the same issue

Thanks for the detailed post sorry I am unable to resolve it but looks like a bug mate

cheers

• Like 1