FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

All countries in EU

MaxFactorGoal

Hi I just bought the life time FMRTE20 version.

I was wondering how to make all countries European Union members?

I believe in a free world and something like work permits should never exist. 

Also will this editor work with another database I'm thinking the English tier 20 database that is currently being developed?

Making all countries part of the EU will be difficult as most countries are not even in Europe.  To combat this, you can add a second nationality in the Relations tab or you can change the primary nationality.  Making all countries part of the EU could break your save.

Regarding working for another database, this is unknown.  If the database is available to use, give it a go.  You will not break the game this way.

It is not only EU
Many countries have restrictions not only regarding EU players.

There are also restrictions regarding UEFA players and home grown players for example.

Will you make all countries UEFA countries?
What will happen to the European Championship or to the World Championship (only a certain number of European countries are allowed in the WC) then ?

It is not as easy as you think :)

FM tries to show the real football world as correct as possible which also shows in the different rules about the leagues (relegation, promotion are completely different in the different leagues)
In all FM is not just a fantasy football management game. It is as close to real world as possible.

Well I was thinking I could mass-edit countries to make them "Treated as EU" I guess but not letting them into cups. Restrictions are ok and I understand the reasons why but all work permits in the world should be insta granted IMO 😄 If someone could be of use in another country they should be allowed to move. I'm against VISA too, I think it's a bad protection of the individual countries and it doesn't make the world collaborate by putting boundaries up invented by themselves.

19 hours ago, GREYFOX said:

Making all countries part of the EU will be difficult as most countries are not even in Europe.  To combat this, you can add a second nationality in the Relations tab or you can change the primary nationality.  Making all countries part of the EU could break your save.

Regarding working for another database, this is unknown.  If the database is available to use, give it a go.  You will not break the game this way.

I want to make it equal for all clubs to get players from other countries to balance the game. If I change the nationality of player I want I would be gaining a huge advantage and then I don't feel like going deep into the save as I would feel I haven't earned it rightfully.

17 hours ago, Aduasen said:

FM tries to show the real football world as correct as possible which also shows in the different rules about the leagues (relegation, promotion are completely different in the different leagues)
In all FM is not just a fantasy football management game. It is as close to real world as possible.

I know it's a REAL simulation game, but for me REAL is not always the best option. I believe the game and the world would improve massively making it unified without VISA boundaries.

12 hours ago, Stephin Merritt said:

If you edit a country, for example England, you can tweak a little bit there in 'Nations treated as non foreign' and 'Nations treated as EU', and include specific countries of your liking. I don't see the point in making every country as EU.

I have this in my current FM19 save and I have to say it works beautifully, but it's a database. And I can't combine a database like that with the upcomming "England tier 20" database, so I wanted to find another way of getting rid of work-permits without giving myself a competitive advantage. 

Well starting at tier 20, I would not be able to attract any foreign players to my team anyway for the next 25 FM years or so 😄 😄 😄 

• 2 weeks later...