FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

One very simple question before purchasing...

Euskal

For some ridiculous reason, neither the FM19 pre-game or in-game editors will allow me to be Basque (not even adding it as a secondary nationality).

I am looking for an editor that will allow me to either change my actual nationality to Basque (in a new save), or at the least, allow me to add myself a secondary Basque nationality.

If I download and purchase a license for your FMRTE editor -- can I use it to Basque myself up?

This is literally all I will want to use it for, so I'd be most disappointed to shell out cash I can't really afford to spare, only to find I can't do what I need your product for.

Many thanks in advance for your hopefully early reply. :)

Thanks for your reply. :)

It is myself, i.e., my character, in-game manager, that I wish to be Basque, rather than using it to make non-Basque players Basque.

I am Basque, and simply wish to "be myself" in the game. The Pre-game editor cannot help me with this. I've tried using it to edit the Pays Basque / Pais Vasco nationalities (to activate them for selection in the game), but nothing I've tried works, and I am unable even to add Pays Basque as a second nationality to my manager using the In-game editor.

It is particularly odd, given that any player in the game born in Basque regions automagically gets Basque as a secondary nationality, yet despite giving my birthplace as Bilbao, I get no such secondary nationality given to me by the game. :unsure:

So all I need to know to make me throw my cash at you, is that I can use your product to add a Basque nationality to my manager (i.e. me) in a new game in FM2019?

Thanks for your help, appreciated.  :)

4 minutes ago, Euskal said:

Thanks for your reply. :)

It is myself, i.e., my character, in-game manager, that I wish to be Basque, rather than using it to make non-Basque players Basque.

I am Basque, and simply wish to "be myself" in the game. The Pre-game editor cannot help me with this. I've tried using it to edit the Pays Basque / Pais Vasco nationalities (to activate them for selection in the game), but nothing I've tried works, and I am unable even to add Pays Basque as a second nationality to my manager using the In-game editor.

It is particularly odd, given that any player in the game born in Basque regions automagically gets Basque as a secondary nationality, yet despite giving my birthplace as Bilbao, I get no such secondary nationality given to me by the game. :unsure:

So all I need to know to make me throw my cash at you, is that I can use your product to add a Basque nationality to my manager (i.e. me) in a new game in FM2019?

Thanks for your help, appreciated.  :)

Yes, you can.  Both actually, first and second nationality.  My guess is that you are not searching for the right term which I think should be pays basque or you are pressing wrong button/key which can happen and has happened to me.

7 minutes ago, GREYFOX said:

Yes, you can.  Both actually, first and second nationality.  My guess is that you are not searching for the right term which I think should be pays basque or you are pressing wrong button/key which can happen and has happened to me.

Thanks for replying. :)

Are you saying it is possible to do this with the actual game itself (or FM's own in-game editor) or confirming that I can use your FMRTE software to do this?

If you are meaning that there is some way I've not found myself to do this already in the game, I would much appreciate any advice or guidance you can offer, as I cannot for the life of me get this to work.

Of course, it is quite possible that I am just extremely stupid. :P

cant be any more clearer mate

the screenshots shows its possible using FMRTE and the pre game editor(wont be possible for you in this scenario though as you wont be in DB pre game)

FMRTE allows you to add pays basque as a nationality.....but you should be able to do this anyway when you create yourself as a manager in game?

cheers

Thanks guys. All signed up, and I am now happily Basque. :D

Your fast service on delivering the license is much appreciated.

7 hours ago, Stephin Merritt said:

This is both an interesting and a weird topic, as being Basque it's not a nationality itself, since the Basque Country is not a nation or a country, but a region within Spain. Just saying as a neutral comment, not trying to arise any political debate.

Actually, you will find that it is, squire. :) Even the Spanish government recognise the Basque Nationality. But being such a vital region with potential to generate much wealth for the Kingdom, refuse to cede their claim to the land that our people have lived on since time immemorial, offering us autonomy, but not sovereignty.

But rest assured that if you are Basque, then Euskadi is most definitely our own Nation, with our own people, our own cultural heritage, and our own language. Try telling a Palestinian he's Israeli, or a Kosovan that he's Serbian. You get the picture. ;)

For a Kosovan -- Kosovo was never any less Kosovo than it was before the UN and UEFA/FIFA accepted their legitimacy and Statehood.

For Basques, as much as "acceptance" on the world stage would be nice, Athletic is our National Team, and carries the flame of Basque National pride into battle, just as your national teams represent you.

I hope this makes the topic a little more toward the interesting than weird side for you. :)

• Thanks 1