FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Financial Fairplay

David Rooney

Has something changed with financial fair play on FM? Every year I give myself a billion pounds and spend hundreds of millions on players. I then go back to FMRTE and put myself back to a billion. No harm and I pass financial fairplay and enjoy the champions league.

Now this year done the same trick and.....i've been banned from european competition! Has FM changed rules or something?

The champions of the EPL don't qualify but 5th placed Man Utd did....haha argh!

I have given myself a ton of sponsorship money and removed loan debts. What has changed exactly? I literally used to spend 400 million quid and then use frmte to give me the same amount back. I don't get why last year it worked and this year i'm banned and it hasnt worked at all!

Has something changed with financial fair play on FM? Every year I give myself a billion pounds and spend hundreds of millions on players. I then go back to FMRTE and put myself back to a billion. No harm and I pass financial fairplay and enjoy the champions league.

Now this year done the same trick and.....i've been banned from european competition! Has FM changed rules or something?

The champions of the EPL don't qualify but 5th placed Man Utd did....haha argh!

I have given myself a ton of sponsorship money and removed loan debts. What has changed exactly? I literally used to spend 400 million quid and then use frmte to give me the same amount back. I don't get why last year it worked and this year i'm banned and it hasnt worked at all!

That's the rebound effect. I used to do that a while back giving my self a ton of money in the billion range and after 3 season or so, account books are in the red and kept getting banned from champions league and there is no way to rectify it. I think I solved it in a particular save but a season later, I was banned again. You have to start a new save and this time don't give yourself a billion. Spending a huge amount on players will affect your finances in the long run. FFP is spend as you earn. If you spend so much, you can't earn it back quickly asuch you get caught by FFP. Give yourself 200m or 300m and no more and spend it wisely especially on youth talent than ready made players. Then you can turn them to world class with the editor and sell them for loads more. That's more effective! Cheers!!

Note also the wages cap. Don't hand out contracts anyhow either.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

He has stated he is giving himself extra sponsorship etc that is the way to avoid FFP 

You can spend what you want as long as you generate the income

Make sure the deals are short term for a few months or a year etc

This has been explained many times before if it isn't working report as a bug

if you use the search function it will show many threads where this has been discussed use search terms such as financial  fair play........  FFP returns no results which is just bizarre 👎

30 minutes ago, agent007 said:

If you have too much money. i.e your  balance go over 2 billion, automatic FFP fail.  the more sponsor you add, the more you fail FFP. take some of your sponsorship deal off, and overpay for youth player from lower league team

That shouldn't happen thats a bug in game that SI need to look at

Thanks for the heads up

similar issue here, usually i start with a smallish team but give myself a bit of money + decent wage budget. Despite changing the values and having the funds, i still cant go over 70k wages in the FFP. Thats not for each player, thats overall for my whole team.

Ive tried going into the sponsors bit and changing the values there but it doesnt seem to change them in game.

Im probably missing something somewhere, but ive always done this with previous versions of FM + FMRTE and its been fine.

• 3 weeks later...