FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

How do attributes really work?

zfravio

I recently changed a single attribute (passing) in a single number and a few days later, most of that player's attributes dropped a lot.
I could not find a specific topic about this but if anyone knows or indicate'll be happy to read and learn
If it is a simple explanation please let me know
Thank you

16 minutes ago, DoubleDee said:

The attributes are changing if you don't freeze a player, try changing the attributes of a player and then freeze him so nothing changes.

Yes, I know that!
I never change the attributes but would like to know how they work and why they change back worse.
But thank you anyway

its been discussed many times in threads mate but not sure if any specific topic as such

should find info by searching ca or pa etc

also take a read on SI editor forum where there is an old thread re editing stats the hows and whys that would apply pre game and for IGE editing 

when you edit a stat /s like finishing/heading etc the CA/PA remains the same so you need to up those along with world rep etc

my advise is take a look at a player you want to become as a rough guide or you can clone him

there is a guide thread here with lots of info worth looking at too

3 minutes ago, culturedleftfoot said:

its been discussed many times in threads mate but not sure if any specific topic as such

should find info by searching ca or pa etc

also take a read on SI editor forum where there is an old thread re editing stats the hows and whys that would apply pre game and for IGE editing 

when you edit a stat /s like finishing/heading etc the CA/PA remains the same so you need to up those along with world rep etc

my advise is take a look at a player you want to become as a rough guide or you can clone him

there is a guide thread here with lots of info worth looking at too

Very good, I'll look for these readings
Many thanks for the tips.

On 12/12/2018 at 12:00 AM, GREYFOX said:

Your best option is to head over to the official FM forums, and seek info there.  Your question has been discussed heavily over there many times.

And you will have to look back a few years.

When I remember it right it was several years ago when there was a very long thread in one of the SI forums about how CA/PA in combination with skill points work.

It is pretty complicated stuff though since a single skill point counts differently into CA depending on the main position of the player.

Example

A point in finishing counts more into CA if a player is a striker than if he is a defender and the other way round if it is a point in tackling/marking

Rewarding stuff though since you can really enjoy fiddling around with skill points when you got into this.

You won't find any official word about that though cause this is the way to acutally beat the game (forever) :)

• Thanks 1