Chevalier

[19] - Staff change crashes FM 2019

Question

What bugs/issues did you encounter: 

What is your FM version: 19.0.3b1154375

What is your FMRTE version: 19

Which operating system are you using: Windows 10 Pro

Using FMRTE 19.0.3 (build 4) I changed a Staff statistic but when I saved the change, Football Manager crashed.  The compressed error log exceeds your limit so cannot be sent.

Crash dump.png

Attachments:   1830349205_Crashdump.png.a6cb7839b934400b43dc8add95c5d323.png

8 answers to this question

I altered a setting in Staff for "Likes Person".  That did not cause an error but when I tried to save Football Manager it crashed.  Unfortunately even the compressed error log was larger than your web site size limit so I could not attach it to my bug report.  I have validated this issue several times and proved that Football Manager does not crash if I make changes to anything other than the Staff "Likes Person" setting.

I hope this is helpful.

45 minutes ago, Chevalier said:

I altered a setting in Staff for "Likes Person".  That did not cause an error but when I tried to save Football Manager it crashed.  Unfortunately even the compressed error log was larger than your web site size limit so I could not attach it to my bug report.  I have validated this issue several times and proved that Football Manager does not crash if I make changes to anything other than the Staff "Likes Person" setting.

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks, I'll take a look into it

I can't replicate the issue :(

Can you please upload a savegame (to dropbox or something similar) and then describe step-by-step how to reproduce the error?

Thanks

I am unsure whether I made one change or several and therefore I may not have correctly explained how the issue developed.  To remedy this issue, I will now conduct further test making only one change at a time until I identify exactly what causes the problem.  I will also ensure that I differentiate between and alteration and an addition.  I will get back to you as soon as I have completed my tests.  There will be a delay because today I have a visit to the dentists and afterwards my needs a repair. 

I have now identified the cause of the crash.  Here is the process: -

1. Find Juan Ramon Lopez Muniz in FM2019
  2. Open in FMRTE and find a dislike person and tick the "Permanent" box
  3. Save FMRTE
  4. Return to FM 2019 and press the back arrow to observe effect
  5. FM 2019 crashes

I cannot provide the error log because of your site size limitations so I have added the file to my DropBox account, added your name BraCa and shared it.  Unfortunately, I cannot load screen shots either because the size limit of 0.02MB is too small.

I have a significant update.  Having looked at item 4 above (return to FM2009 and press the backup arrow) again, and it occurred to me that I had options at this stage - I could have tried the alternative of simply continuing with the game!  I decided to try that and I was delighted to find that FM 2019 did not crash.  This suggests that the bug is with FM 2019 and not FMRTE.  I suppose that since I am playing with a beta release of FM 2019 then this may be a bug which eventually gets fixed.  In these circumstances. I suggest nothing is done about this and I will test again when the final release of FM 2019 takes place in the next few days.

• Like 1