FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

FMRTE 18 | Designated player slots in MLS

gh1994

FM version: FM 18.3.4 1093856  (m.e v1822) 

FMRTE versionFMRTE18.3.4 (Build 28, the latest version

Are you Beta testing for S.I. No

Are you running FMRTE as administratorYES

Hi! I'm playing in the American MLS.

My question is; can I add extra Designated player slots trough FMRTE?

Because I really can't find such an option?

Thanks!

I am not familiar with the MLS rules,  and to change any rules of a comp it has to be done pre game using advanced rules in pre game editor

the only option to you is to use the relations tab for the player and set the squad registration to the desired club if that doesnt work there is no other option in FMRTE apart from changing the player's nationality if that is the problem

Yeah it's really a mess with all the rules in the MLS (in my opinion).

The Designated players wage doesn't effect the salary wage cap.

I was hoping this was an option in FMRTE to add extra Designated player slots. Because, sometimes the board of the club will ask you to purchase another slot (i.e. if it's a really good player).

I do not know the MLS that well either, but LA Galaxy offered me a nice contract 😎

PS. They even have a wiki page for this rule... (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designated_Player_Rule)

The MlS has some interesting rules for sure

FMRTE doesnt allow the option to add to these rules only way is pre game for you and some leagues are hardcoded I know may way around most but know nothing about MLS so cant assist there sorry

if you check out the SI editing forum you will get info there if it hardcoded 

give me a minute I will have a look in editor now 

4 minutes ago, culturedleftfoot said:

right looking at the advanced rules the last 2 options are for designated players so in theory you can add more/as many there  as you wish

take a read/ask over at SI it will have been done there if it is not hardcoded

Many thanks for sorting that out for me. I'll take it up with SI.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...