FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Player cant be transferred

culturedleftfoot

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, agent007 said:

this can be done, by giving the player a future joined date in the contract option

can you fully explain this 

6 hours ago, GREYFOX said:

But isn't that for future transfers?

he means the section in a player's contract where it states date he joined the club, nothing to do with a transfer

think he is saying if you set this to a date in the future a player will not move to another club

1 hour ago, culturedleftfoot said:

he means the section in a player's contract where it states date he joined the club, nothing to do with a transfer

think he is saying if you set this to a date in the future a player will not move to another club

That date is just to show when he joined the club.  It does not help with staying at the club for his entire career.  That should be the contract expires date which needs to be changed.  Set it to say ten to fifteen years from the in-game date and you are done.

27 minutes ago, GREYFOX said:

That date is just to show when he joined the club.  It does not help with staying at the club for his entire career.  That should be the contract expires date which needs to be changed.  Set it to say ten to fifteen years from the in-game date and you are done.

that doesnt help doing that

it wont stop his club accepting bids for the player or the player moving to a bigger club etc even if you set him to like only his current club/dislike others it doesnt help believe me I have spent hours pre game covering all bases

(what i found only stops him moving is as described in the useful editing tips as per my signature set up a future transfer years in advance)

however the workaround by @agent007 might work as I am testing it

I have given some bog average player in lower league a joining date well in the future(the player had joined in 2007 but I changed it to 2023)

and taken over man city as manger bid for him and obviously the club accepts my bid...the player is crap:lol: however the player refuses to enter into contract negotiations as he has only just joined his current club which obviously seems to work  as he joined 10 years ago and now has a chance to join the top Prem team and he is not interested

right as an update I tried using the pre game editor to keep Harry Kane at spurs using this methodd180099d626d78162019aede1502d854.png

what happens however when you start a game the contract defaults to that date as the day he joined the club

I used a custom start date of 29/1/2018 and Harry's contract says as below in FMRTE 

so you do need to do this in FMRTE  and I would suggest on a regular basis as it will then make a player look as he has just joined his club and wont want to seek a move or accept any contracts from any other teams

096c2f8cd2ae20e50c3309e4d37ab42d.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2018 at 4:00 PM, GREYFOX said:

you can also use his contract start date, by giving it a future start date

• 3 months later...
On 2/21/2018 at 6:27 AM, culturedleftfoot said:

however the workaround by @agent007 might work as I am testing it

I have given some bog average player in lower league a joining date well in the future(the player had joined in 2007 but I changed it to 2023)

and taken over man city as manger bid for him and obviously the club accepts my bid...the player is crap:lol: however the player refuses to enter into contract negotiations as he has only just joined his current club which obviously seems to work  as he joined 10 years ago and now has a chance to join the top Prem team and he is not interested

How long have you tested this already? Any problems with the player's club history stats in-game? And come 2023 in-game, do you need to change the "Joined Date" again to another future year?

• 2 months later...

On 6/17/2018 at 4:28 AM, ferrari355 said:

How long have you tested this already? Any problems with the player's club history stats in-game? And come 2023 in-game, do you need to change the "Joined Date" again to another future year?

yes u change the join date again if you want to player to stay. it don't not affect the player's stat history

• Like 1

thats what I thought so changing every window is essential

would be good to get input from a few users  though

you don't need  to change it every window. if you change the joined date to  10 yrs in the future, it stay active all the 10 yrs + 6 month. but he can leave if  his contract expires, even if his join date is in the future. i use it to prevent the board form selling my youth player, while playing in  lower league

23 minutes ago, agent007 said:

you don't need  to change it every window. if you change the joined date to  10 yrs in the future, it stay active all the 10 yrs + 6 month. but he can leave if  his contract expires, even if his join date is in the future. i use it to prevent the board form selling my youth player, while playing in  lower league

thats not working for me 

setting joined date reverts back to the current date, so in effect you have to change this every window

this is why we need more feedback from users

you don't need  to change it every window. if you change the joined date to  10 yrs in the future, it stay active all the 10 yrs + 6 month. but he can leave if  his contract expires, even if his join date is in the future. i use it to prevent the board form selling my youth player, while playing in  lower league.

i only  play with regen. never tried it on real player.  maybe real players  joined date are wired into database

25 minutes ago, agent007 said:

you don't need  to change it every window. if you change the joined date to  10 yrs in the future, it stay active all the 10 yrs + 6 month. but he can leave if  his contract expires, even if his join date is in the future. i use it to prevent the board form selling my youth player, while playing in  lower league.

i only  play with regen. never tried it on real player.  maybe real players  joined date are wired into database

yes as stated mate this is not working that way on my tests .....thus I have to change it every transfer window

I have even tried it with pre game editor , setting players joined date to be years ahead

however,what happens when you start a game, the contract/joined date sets to game start date it defaults to this