FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Stadium Edit Question: Why do I have terraces?

You The Mane!

In the '3D Details' section of stadium edit, all the corner sections of my edited stadium are terraces. Unlike in FMRTE 16, I can no longer change between using seating and terrace. The drop down option is no longer there.

When I play a match I can see that all the stands are populated with fans but the corner sections are empty. The weird thing is I can still get a full house even though the numbers don't add up without the amounts from all the corner sections. Only once did the game tell me that the Premier League does not allow terraces, but yet I can still get a full house for big games. 

Ps - As with most passionate fans, I wouldn't mind having terraces, but not if it means only being able to use them in friendlies. 

6 hours ago, GREYFOX said:

Nice.  You should link that thread in here for anyone who wants to do it.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/388574-fm2017-mod-for-stadiums-especially-for-lower-leagues/

I think it really brings the game to life. Especially when you creat your own club.

That and the fact that as a nipper I used to design stadia in the back of my school copy books!

Faffing about with the stadium files has really enhanced my game. I created my own park-football youth team, populating it with 15 year-olds at the start, and putting the team in a fantasy division of made-up teams from villages and islands with populations of 100 or so. With attendances in single figures it just didn't look right playing in multi-leveled stadia in urban environments. By following the tips in the linked thread I have not only got rid of the stands, but also changed the scenes outside to trees rather than housing estates or shipping containers.

Bear I mind what you change doesn't just affect your own stadium - it affects all those in the same categories, and you can't really know which ones they are. For example, in the folder for the smallest clubs, named 0-10000 (being the maximum capacities) there are 6 sub-folders named 'a' to 'f'. You can't know which clubs belong to which. Having said that, after I created my home stadium to have a capacity of 5000 (looking forward to a rash of promotions) whilst not altering my rivals', I have managed to retain 2 stands that hopefully will fill up in time whilst having trees and fields behind the goals. Other local clubs have no stands at all.

Into my 4th season the crowds are still in double figures; whenever they increase to over 5000 I've given myself a bit of a problem but I'll either just use FMRTE to increase the capacity to 10K or fiddle about and try to restore the stands I deleted. Then when we exceed that it'll be time to extend the stadium or build a new one. We'll move into the second folder of 10-20K which I haven't touched, but I'll still alter the outside scenes to a rural feel.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, andyinasia said:

Faffing about with the stadium files has really enhanced my game. I created my own park-football youth team, populating it with 15 year-olds at the start, and putting the team in a fantasy division of made-up teams from villages and islands with populations of 100 or so. With attendances in single figures it just didn't look right playing in multi-leveled stadia in urban environments. By following the tips in the linked thread I have not only got rid of the stands, but also changed the scenes outside to trees rather than housing estates or shipping containers.

Bear I mind what you change doesn't just affect your own stadium - it affects all those in the same categories, and you can't really know which ones they are. For example, in the folder for the smallest clubs, named 0-10000 (being the maximum capacities) there are 6 sub-folders named 'a' to 'f'. You can't know which clubs belong to which. Having said that, after I created my home stadium to have a capacity of 5000 (looking forward to a rash of promotions) whilst not altering my rivals', I have managed to retain 2 stands that hopefully will fill up in time whilst having trees and fields behind the goals. Other local clubs have no stands at all.

Into my 4th season the crowds are still in double figures; whenever they increase to over 5000 I've given myself a bit of a problem but I'll either just use FMRTE to increase the capacity to 10K or fiddle about and try to restore the stands I deleted. Then when we exceed that it'll be time to extend the stadium or build a new one. We'll move into the second folder of 10-20K which I haven't touched, but I'll still alter the outside scenes to a rural feel.

I am new to modding FM files. Have you come across a tutorial for how to start from scratch?

There is nothing better than bringing a teenager all the way to the top flight. My two football mad nephews are coming to mine for Christmas and I have added them into my youth system. I can't wait to develop them. I also added their brother, who is indifferent to football. I made him my chairman as he is a bit of a teen entrepreneur.  Watch out football World, the Mané family are coming ;)

3 hours ago, You The Mane! said:

I am new to modding FM files. Have you come across a tutorial for how to start from scratch?

There is nothing better than bringing a teenager all the way to the top flight. My two football mad nephews are coming to mine for Christmas and I have added them into my youth system. I can't wait to develop them. I also added their brother, who is indifferent to football. I made him my chairman as he is a bit of a teen entrepreneur.  Watch out football World, the Mané family are coming ;)

Ha ha, yes, personalise the game, add a bit of a fantasy element - that's what gives me the kicks! My chairperson is my wife - I blame her every time she shuts the purse!

I'm actually a complete numpty when it comes to modding. I've never made anything except player pics for my own starter-kids. For the stadium effects all I do is methodically follow the instructions the genius dudes write in the thread (remembering to keep back-ups of the folders you delete until you're sure everything works).

Oh and don't delete - keep a copy of the folders of modified stuff. When Steam updates it sometimes restores the original files so you need to put your modded ones back in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, andyinasia said:

Ha ha, yes, personalise the game, add a bit of a fantasy element - that's what gives me the kicks! My chairperson is my wife - I blame her every time she shuts the purse!

I'm actually a complete numpty when it comes to modding. I've never made anything except player pics for my own starter-kids. For the stadium effects all I do is methodically follow the instructions the genius dudes write in the thread (remembering to keep back-ups of the folders you delete until you're sure everything works).

Oh and don't delete - keep a copy of the folders of modified stuff. When Steam updates it sometimes restores the original files so you need to put your modded ones back in.

'My chairperson is my wife - I blame her every time she shuts the purse!'

Ah, brilliant. And if you have rogue player you can pass them over to Wifey for a dressing down. The hair curler treatment, if you will!

As for the SI thread, the dive right in without with the expectation that you know a bit, unexplained terms etc. I have posted a request for help, so if they get back to me I will post it here.

I have the exact same issue;
- My Spurs team moved to it's new stadium, but the stadium missed two corner stands

- I used FMRTE to populate those two corner stands

- The two new corner stands stay however empty during official games (even if I use the IGE to uncheck 'all-seater games only' of the Premier League)

I really hope FMRTE could fix this somehow. It's really ugly to have missing or empty stands ;-)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Feedy said:

I have the exact same issue;
- My Spurs team moved to it's new stadium, but the stadium missed two corner stands

- I used FMRTE to populate those two corner stands

- The two new corner stands stay however empty during official games (even if I use the IGE to uncheck 'all-seater games only' of the Premier League)

I really hope FMRTE could fix this somehow. It's really ugly to have missing or empty stands ;-)

If I find a solution I'll pop it up here. 

• Like 1

On 23/12/2016 at 0:38 AM, You The Mane! said:

'My chairperson is my wife - I blame her every time she shuts the purse!'

Ah, brilliant. And if you have rogue player you can pass them over to Wifey for a dressing down. The hair curler treatment, if you will!

Embarrassing postscript: my human-trafficking wife has just sold OUR SON to Leicester! There was no option for me to give her an ultimatum - he just went. I'm having serious words with her when she gets back from her party.

I mean, Leicester. I seem to remember them buying a striker from the non-league once before. Don't recall him ever amounting to anything. What's that you say? ....

• Like 2