FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

Clearing Unhappiness / Inspire button

RunMarkoRun

Hey, everyone - after a long layoff on FM due to life and work, I've come back into the FM2016 fold, as well as FMRTE.

Just a quick question - has the entire 'Inspire' button not clearing out player unhappiness been resolved?  I never seemed to get it to work.    Using the 'Clear' button on the Unhappiness bars doesn't seem to work, either - I've tried out the issue, or changing the issue to something more solvable, save the player. then progress to the next day, but that hasn't seemed to delete or change the unhappiness, either. 

Anyone have a trick to fix unhappiness that I might have missed in the last year?

the reason for the unhappiness should show in contract which can be removed

there is the option to make the player like you and the club too in relation tab that should help with the happiness

also found in fmrte15 giving a foreign player the second nationality/language of country he played in helped...I cant explain why it just did

double checked yes its working fine but you do have to press clear for the reasons he is unhappy via the contract then save

then inspire as normal

if the reason is a promise you have made it will keep coming back there is bugs reported re this to SI seems once promises are made it causes issues, hope they address it in new versions too much nonsense like this in game

1 hour ago, kingrobbo said:

double checked yes its working fine but you do have to press clear for the reasons he is unhappy via the contract then save

then inspire as normal

if the reason is a promise you have made it will keep coming back there is bugs reported re this to SI seems once promises are made it causes issues, hope they address it in new versions too much nonsense like this in game

Thank you!  Ah, shoot - that does make sense.  I just have to make sure to clear the flags and such BEFORE speaking to the player.  Got it.

I suspect that we'll never see a fix from the SI side of the equation for this.   I think as far as they're concerned, it's working the way it's exactly intended to, so they're not going to change it for those of us who bend the rules a bit. :)

yes I suppose so but all the extra stuff they have brought in ....it seems once a player gets a promise even if you do as stated he will remain unhappy

would like more emphasis on the engine(miles in an interview on radio stated the goal is to make the engine better than FIFA games???) and less on the superfluous stuff like the tedious player chats/press stuff

also more work to editor and big one for me proper beta testing so game on release doesnt need patches to the extent as it now accepted it is not in finished state until march the next year

• 2 years later...

Bumping an old topic regarding promises to a player. I'm wondering if there's a way to remove a promise to a player in FMRTE 18 or if this is hard coded. For instance, I promise a player I will strengthen an area of the squad yet he's still not happy with the player I bring in so he thinks I have broken my promise to him. Is there no way to edit this with FMRTE?

Thanks 

• 4 months later...