Discount for old version owners

mphst

A discount for something that already costs a mere 5 euros or something? christ almighty. FMRTE is worth double that easily so why be cheap to save a euro or two.

Yeah, 5 euros/4 pounds/6 dollars is nothing to how unique FMRTE is.  The IGE from SI is almost identical in price and look how limited that people who use say.  Even if it was say 8 - 10 GBP, I still would pay it so I can get a more rich RTE than SI's IGE.

BraCa has a 5 year headstart over SI and BraCa is not even a developer working for SI so these two major points are some of the deciding factors as to why the price that it is is justified.

• Like 1

Yeah, 5 euros/4 pounds/6 dollars is nothing to how unique FMRTE is.  The IGE from SI is almost identical in price and look how limited that people who use say.  Even if it was say 8 - 10 GBP, I still would pay it so I can get a more rich RTE than SI's IGE.

BraCa has a 5 year headstart over SI and BraCa is not even a developer working for SI so these two major points are some of the deciding factors as to why the price that it is is justified.

How does he have a head start SI has always made the game so they know the code inside out and have even said the coding in fmtre is sloppy this is why people do get data coruption (this is another reason SI editor is limited to make sure it doesn't corupt the data otherwise there would be legal action against them) This is also a business move they will add features once been tested over time may even be only with next version of the game SI knows full well what they are doing to get the most out of people wallets.

No offence to Braca who has done well releasing this every year but he used others work and just as such adds support for new database every year plus it was suppose to be open source code so it's a bit distrespectful to charge flat out fee donation is how it should of been.

SI has made the game but never an editor and while I expected a far superior IGE than the one they released I don't buy the whole "they only had a year" shite to be honest, as you said they made the game so should be able to develop something a lot better than they have plus I'd be surprised if they too only have one guy working on it.

Sloppy code isn't exactly a bad thing, as far as I'm concerned you either have code that works or it doesn't, the code in FMRTE works and the reason it crashes isn't because of the code but because of the people using it, I've used it extensively for the last 2 or 3 years and never had any problems so if that is what is deemed sloppy code then sloppy code is fine by me.

How is FMRTE other peoples work? as far as I'm aware he made it and if he wants to charge pennies for it what's the problem? you trying to tell me if you developed something that could make you some money you would say no I want to give it out for free whilst still wasting my free time on it? bulls***.