FM24.0 -Real Fixtures and Results for 38 Major Nations,58 Leagues in total Released click here for details ×

FMRTE 2014

RFA/RelicDuDe

Good evening all? Is there a beta version for FM14?

Not as of yet.

Having used SI's official IGE (which is rubbish) I personally can't wait for FMRTE to be available for FM14. Not only for the editing, but also for the scouting feature - just got so used to checking that for which staff to hire etc

I've talking a bit to one of the SI people, working on finding and sorting bugs for their RTE.
I can forward to you, what he told me.

Now please don't hate me, or anyone - I just wanted to let you guys know.

The FM14 RTE is brand new, and they are currently only releasing this version for the time being, with its limited features.
They do this because they don't want to risk too much editing, that can corrupt savegames.
If any corruption does occur using their own RTE - they offer full support, and will be prioritized.

He also tells me, that there are plans to increase features of their RTE, however not until next installment of Football Manager.
They simply don't have manpower to completely dig into RTE at this stage, as FM14 are still undergoing bugfixes and ME overhauls.

I do like their RTE, but I do feel alot of features missing, since I've been accustomed to using FMRTE for FM13.  ^_^ 
I know Braca is right now working on an FMRTE for FM14, and I will give it my full support, so we can get a good product, if he can supply us with one.

Who knows, this might be the last FMRTE we're going to see from Braca.  :(

PS. I want "freeze stats" option!!! LOL

Not as of yet.

Having used SI's official IGE (which is rubbish) I personally can't wait for FMRTE to be available for FM14. Not only for the editing, but also for the scouting feature - just got so used to checking that for which staff to hire etc

I downloaded it out of curiosity and to compare it to Braca's version and agree, absolute rubbish, I would sooner ahve donated the £4 to charity.

No doubt that any upgraded versions will also increase in price. It would have been better to for them to have released a version within the game and then update it periodically along with the usual patches.To be honest I just think it is another way of making money out of people.

I would happily pay an increased fee to Braca given the hard work and time he puts into this rather than some people who use the lame excuse of lack ofmanpower and time as a reason for just a piece of garbage.

I downloaded it out of curiosity and to compare it to Braca's version and agree, absolute rubbish, I would sooner ahve donated the £4 to charity.

No doubt that any upgraded versions will also increase in price. It would have been better to for them to have released a version within the game and then update it periodically along with the usual patches.To be honest I just think it is another way of making money out of people.

I would happily pay an increased fee to Braca given the hard work and time he puts into this rather than some people who use the lame excuse of lack ofmanpower and time as a reason for just a piece of garbage.

It would be so much better if they stopped wasting all their time trying to make silly games, like FM, to work on a proper RTE. Is that what you mean?

He also tells me, that there are plans to increase features of their RTE, however not until next installment of Football Manager.

They simply don't have manpower to completely dig into RTE at this stage, as FM14 are still undergoing bugfixes and ME overhauls.

don't have the manpower?

how many people worked on the FMRTE?

if they wanted to implent a crap product that does not haave the features then don't charge people for it

• Like 2

It would be so much better if they stopped wasting all their time trying to make silly games, like FM, to work on a proper RTE. Is that what you mean?

no Mr Sarcasm it would be better if they released a product that works properly rather than mess people around and increase the charge - which they will - every time it is 'upgraded' who are you? SI's press agent. And don't tell me they don't have the manpower that's the biggest load of rubbish ever.

Same with the game, they should not release it until it is working correctly, by the time they have finished messing around it is going into January and the transfer window along with another update.

The latest version isn't even up to date. Mowbray and Holloway are still in work and Clough not even at Sheffield, in short, they are pathetic.

I wasn't going to tell you they don't have the manpower, I was going to tell you they probably have a grasp of priorities - unlike some people. The fact that you have an account here implies you have bought at least one other copy of FM before FM14 so it shouldn't be a surprise to you to find there are other people on here who still support SI.

As to your last few points, can you not see the inconsistency in complaining the game is released too early in the same line as complaining it will not be fixed until too late.

This was their first attempt at an RTE with which they are probably just testing the market and ideas. Don't like it, don't buy it - simple

From what I have heard about the IGE from SI it is way, way, way more limited than the FMRTE from BraCa. The option of FMRTE are enormous, the options and possibilities of the IGE of SI are very limited.

The build in editor is not worth any money. They should give that away with the game, or not make it at all.. if they can only manage such a lousy job... it sucks monkey balls... Not many options, and you try to make em freeze... i couldnt do it.  I got the money to buy them both.. so i wanted to see what the fuzz was it all about....

Well;..The ones that say they wont buy FMRTE and buy the ingame editor instead... exactly get what they deserve... ;)

That lousy piece of shite software is NO compettion at all for Braca's seriously superior editor...

Noff saId.

RD

I'm also looking forward to fmrte's release for fm14. I like using it as a scouting tool mostly and my games doesn't feel as enjoyable without it. I'm not playing £5 for SI's version and instead will give an extra £5 to braca to show support for what he has achieved

well done davmc that is most comendable i can tell you as i am one of those people who wasted £4 on the so called editor that you are missing nothing what so

ever.it has just been knocked up to get more money out of people who can not wait for braca to produce is master piece to which i might add would pay twice that much

but once bitten twice shy hey,stay away from it davmc,and i say go braca go, they should have hired you to do it instead of some one who has not got the soul to create a good editor like

braca does every year.

I hope people will buy SI's one and not Braca.

Braca is just some guy who used to do it for free, and who realizerd that he could make lots of money with juste making it 1$, then 5$.

In that case people who did skins, graphics packs should get paid too ? WTF ?

SI juste squizzed Braca because they realised that yjis guy was doing it wrong, and also they understood too that they could make more money (but hey guys, I paid 19€ the game, + 4.50 for the SI Editor, so basically 23€ for SI for a COMPLETE fm)

Moreover FMRTE isn't out, the game is out for like 3 weeks if you count beta's version. FMRTE 13 was close from 12 so 14 will be close to 13. Anyway, nothing that needs 3 weeks to make.

In both case that sucks to pay for that kind of stuff, but Braca just enjoyed that monopol for several years, now there's changing.

ps : I'm not english so excuse my bad english

• Like 1

I dont understand people who come here just to criticise BraCa's work.

I paid for SI's RTE, I will pay for BraCa's if and when it comes out as I've always done. You don't want to pay? Then don't buy it.

And go somewhere else to voice your frustration, because here's not the right place.

• Like 1

Braca is just some guy who used to do it for free, and who realizerd that he could make lots of money with juste making it 1$, then 5$.

SI juste squizzed Braca because they realised that yjis guy was doing it wrong, and also they understood too that they could make more money (but hey guys, I paid 19€ the game, + 4.50 for the SI Editor, so basically 23€ for SI for a COMPLETE fm)

Moreover FMRTE isn't out, the game is out for like 3 weeks if you count beta's version. FMRTE 13 was close from 12 so 14 will be close to 13. Anyway, nothing that needs 3 weeks to make.

In both case that sucks to pay for that kind of stuff, but Braca just enjoyed that monopol for several years, now there's changing.

Well if people who make skins and graphics packs wish to charge for them then why not. If they're good enough then perhaps people will pay, right?

All Braca is doing is charging for a service. None of us have any right to expect Braca or anyone else to produce an editor for us, and neither are we being forced to pay for something if we do not believe it meets our needs. I consider the money spent on Braca's editors money well spent.

As for your comment about "nothing that needs 3 weeks to make", I've been working in IT for over 20 years now, including as a programmer. Sometimes a job that appears very complex to an outsider can be very difficult indeed. Unless you've personally been busy disassembling the in-memory data structures that SI are using in the current game and can demonstrate that its only trivially different to the structures they used in last year's game (incidentally, do you resent them for taking so long to produce an updated game each year?) then you've got no basis to talk about how long producing an editor should take.

I await your proofs of your claim with interest.

Thing is you have a simple option...

DONT buy it if he is going to charge for it, SI games is a bloody joke, imagine havin to pay for what should be part of the game anyway and tbh this version of FM is really just an update to existing software so who is robbing who...

I am grateful to the the guy who made FMRTE, we are lucky we live in a relative free world where you can chose to pay for it or not...

• Like 2

Well if people who make skins and graphics packs wish to charge for them then why not. If they're good enough then perhaps people will pay, right?

All Braca is doing is charging for a service. None of us have any right to expect Braca or anyone else to produce an editor for us, and neither are we being forced to pay for something if we do not believe it meets our needs. I consider the money spent on Braca's editors money well spent.

As for your comment about "nothing that needs 3 weeks to make", I've been working in IT for over 20 years now, including as a programmer. Sometimes a job that appears very complex to an outsider can be very difficult indeed. Unless you've personally been busy disassembling the in-memory data structures that SI are using in the current game and can demonstrate that its only trivially different to the structures they used in last year's game (incidentally, do you resent them for taking so long to produce an updated game each year?) then you've got no basis to talk about how long producing an editor should take.

I await your proofs of your claim with interest.

I worked on IT too (not 20 years :P ).

Just be realistic, look at  fmrte 12,13. There's not much difference between them (like between fmscout versions for example). FM ils quite the same every years too. So I don't see why, except for a major change, or a big improvement of FMRTE (which I hope, I still think Braca is a talented guy) there is such a long wait time. The fact is that SI had the good idea to fill that period with their program.

I may buy FMRTE too, but I also encourage SI to improve their so there is a good concurence.

No offense, I keep following what Braca's doing :)